PDA

View Full Version : need answers

lady-d73
12-10-2012, 03:04 PM
O.k. here it goes, i feel as if i have no intrest in anything, not even sex. I didnt feel likd this untill i stopped taking the paxil a few months ago. Has this made me more depressed and more anxious? What can i do to become myself again?

SunnieDebris
12-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Is there a reason you stopped taking the Paxil? I'm no doctor, but it seems to me that if you were taking an anti-depressant, and now you feel depressed, maybe you should consider going back on.

lady-d73
12-10-2012, 03:28 PM
I stopped the paxil cause it made my muscles ach al the time and i gained 50lbs in 5 months.

SunnieDebris
12-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Those are pretty good reasons... Have you considered or talked to your doctor about a different antidepressant? Different drugs may have different side effects, perhaps ones that are easier to cope with.

lady-d73
12-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Yes and she gave me prozac, but im afaird to take it thinking that it will cause the same effects.

SunnieDebris
12-10-2012, 03:44 PM
It can be scary, frustrating, and demoralizing to continue to try new things, especially when bad things happened the last time. I would encourage you to consider taking the Prozac, or perhaps doing your own research on antidepressants and asking your doctor for a specific one that you think would work the best. I would also suggest that you join a gym, if you are able. Fitness 19 is $12/mo with no contract. You don't have to lift weights or spend an hour on a treadmill. This is your time, to improve your situation. No one can bother you there, if you keep your phone off. It can just be 15-20 minutes of you, alone in your own head, working things out, while you burn some calories. In no time, you will see that you are losing weight, and getting a happy high off the endorphins that are released when you exercise. It's a win-win-win.

lady-d73
12-10-2012, 03:46 PM
I think that i might try the prozac tonight, thank you for your encouragement.