PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!

aramsey
12-10-2012, 12:30 AM
Does anxiety effect the memory? I mean I have generalized anxiety and I feel like my memory is fading. Could it be.....maybe I'm worried about everything else and not concentrating and paying attention to the things I need to. What about getting light headed and having sharpe pains in the temples, or be hide the eyes? What about ringing in the ears? Could this be all cause of the anxiety?

AceParadox
12-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Yes sir. IN my experience, at least. That's basically what I think is happening. You're too busy worrying, that all that takes precedence and everything else just passes by and you hardly realize it or remember it.

I had all those before. Pains in temples and behind the eyes. I learned it was pressure headaches or something like that. Stress related. Ringing in the ears too, had that. Really annoying.Just try and not think about, if you think about the ringing in your ears you'll hear itlouder.

Tshoverton
12-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Yup all anxiety! I have had all those symptoms and more.. Pretty annoying but you just gotta occupy yourself and they will go away..

Shyaamist
12-11-2012, 12:53 PM
I never really connected the two before but yes. Now that I think about it, when my anxiety got worse, so did my memory. I am only 32 years old, and yet, if its not written down, I can't say for sure I will remember it! Some days I even worry about losing all the memories I have as a child! And the most frustrating thing is to walk into a room and immediately say to myself "what did I come in here for?"

anxiousmal
12-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Memory is massively effected by anxiety. Mine is total crap at the moment. In fact when someone is being screened for dementia, if they have anxiety they can't be tested until the anxiety is resolved.

Shyaamist
12-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Memory is massively effected by anxiety. Mine is total crap at the moment. In fact when someone is being screened for dementia, if they have anxiety they can't be tested until the anxiety is resolved.

Wow... I didn't even know that!

dazza
12-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Wow... I didn't even know that!

Yes... but...

oh, shit... ive forgotten what i was gonna say...

sully0105
12-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Yes... but...

oh, shit... ive forgotten what i was gonna say...

Lololololol