PDA

View Full Version : Searching for help...

Shyaamist
12-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Hello. I have been dealing with anxiety that seems to be getting progressivly worse. It sounds like its general anxiety with the very rare anxiety attack. I have tried reading books to learn how to deal with my symptoms as they occur because I have found that my xanax really isn't helping me any longer.

My husband on the other hand has anxiety but he has panic attacks. We understand what the other is going through most of the time, but not always. I really hope I can come here and find support from those in my situation. I'd also like to offer a shoulder to cry/vent on if one is needed! I do not judge. I'm very open minded. (As long as the way you live makes you happy and isn't hurting anyone else in the process, feel free!)

Thank you for letting me be a part of your community... I look forward to learning and sharing!

P.S. I am always willing to give {{hugs}} to anyone in need!

Aimra
12-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Hi there. I am new to this forum too. Just wanted to say welcome. I am still learning how to troll here but have found others very helpful.

SunnieDebris
12-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the both of you! Shymaast, I think it's great that you and your husband have each other to lean on for support. My wife also has anxiety and depression issues, so I know how great it can be, when I'm acting a little crazy, or when she's down in the dumps, that we understand each other. And to make up after a silly fight over nothing, we "call shenanigans", which is basically like a do-over. She also has the authority to pull rank on me if I'm being overly aggressive in a situation where it is not called for. I love and respect her, so if she tells me to stop, I stop. I hope you both find what you are looking for here.

MainerMikeBrown
12-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Shyaamist, being assertive with your psychiatrist (or other type of medical doctor that you see) by telling him/her that the Xanax isn't working is key.

Everyone's brain chemistry is different. So doctors aren't going to really know if a pill they're prescribing you is going to work or not. But since your Xanax isn't working for you, it's key to tell your doctor this so he/she can put you on a medication that will work much better for you.

Dogtime
12-13-2012, 07:38 AM
When you start to experience a panic attacks force and galvanise yourself into some form of active activity. Anything that will help to exhaust youself other than the anxiety will help. The only true help you will ever find for your issue will come from within!

mw0929
12-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Welcome! You have come to the right place for support!