PDA

View Full Version : High Blood Pressure

Amr
12-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Hello i have moved To my home country and its pretty cold there which increases my Blood pressure Dramatically and frequently
My Blood pressure is always High and My heart is beating Hard and irregularly. Does anyone know how to cope with High Blood Pressure ??
Or does anyone get the same High blood pressure as me ?
I tried wearing Thick clothes and sitting by the Heater But none worked am really afraid and freaking out. Can somebody tell me What to eat or drink or do to decrease My BP?

Your Help will be appreciated and i really need it :)

nicole123x
12-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Hello i have moved To my home country and its pretty cold there which increases my Blood pressure Dramatically and frequently
My Blood pressure is always High and My heart is beating Hard and irregularly. Does anyone know how to cope with High Blood Pressure ??
Or does anyone get the same High blood pressure as me ?
I tried wearing Thick clothes and sitting by the Heater But none worked am really afraid and freaking out. Can somebody tell me What to eat or drink or do to decrease My BP?

Your Help will be appreciated and i really need it :)

How high is your BP when you get it taken ? Do you know the numbers ?
If your BP is constantly high I would go see your GP and they will give you tablets to decrease it.
Hope this helps

SunnieDebris
12-09-2012, 03:35 PM
I got high blood pressure from the birth control I was taking, so I am quite young to have it (37). I keep it under control with Atenolol. There are at least a dozen cheap, generic drugs that work very well. That's the easiest way to do it, in my book.

Amr
12-10-2012, 06:33 AM
I Have inderal 10 mg beta blocker i take two pills daily But it doesn't really Help., Shall i Increase the Dosage Make it 3 Pills daily ? and my bp raises up to 150 and 160 and It really scares Me.

dazza
12-10-2012, 07:11 AM
I Have inderal 10 mg beta blocker i take two pills daily But it doesn't really Help., Shall i Increase the Dosage Make it 3 Pills daily ? and my bp raises up to 150 and 160 and It really scares Me.

Don't rely on forum answers for such physical conditions. This is a matter for your doctor.

Peak
12-10-2012, 02:43 PM
As Dazza says, see your doctor. I have high BP and share and understand your fears. Your BP of 150-160 isn't ideal but it doesn't mean that it's dangerous in the short term. More important is the 2nd number I.e. the 80 in 120/80. If that number is higher than 80 like 90-100 or above than again that is not a good sign. BUT BP is easily treated. Your doctor will be able to prescribe drugs to keep it in check. These used to be Beta blockers but now Ace Inhibitors are preferred and a better treatment. You can though reduce your BP yourself without medication. How?

If you are overweight loose weight. It's reckoned that for roughly every 15lbs you can reduce your BP by 10 points.

Excercise. Regular exercise will strengthen the heart making it more efficient which reduces your BP.

Diet. Cut back on saturated fats and salt. So don't eat ready meals or fast food which is laden with it. Eat plenty of fresh fruit & veg & cut back on red meat.

One final point don't check your BP too frequently, once a week is ample and really I'd do it no more than once a fortnight. Also check it at the same time of day as your BP will vary and checking too often will just show these natural and perfectly healthy variations.