PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with agoraphobia.

Denv12
12-09-2012, 01:49 AM
I'd like to share a thought with you.

As I'm homebound I find that I if I play a racing car simulation game on the computer it helps makes me feel comfortable when I go for a walk out the front gate.By playing these type of games you get used to getting out even though you know that you are in front of your computer but still driving its a good feeling.I just like the feeling of being out and driving so I dont get out of practice.

What it really does is allow you to desensitise to the idea of driving for real.Its good practice.Anything that improves your daily life and makes you feel better is a step in the right direction no matter what you do.

Even if you play these race game before you step away from your home and you just want to know what it feels like to be in a car again,at least it helps you stay motovated.

Just a thought to share with you.

teajay
12-11-2012, 12:30 PM
I use Second Life the same way you use the racing game. It's helpful for me to practice walking places by myself... in cities, on beaches, into stores, etc... I find it very helpful.

I'd like to share a thought with you.

As I'm homebound I find that I if I play a racing car simulation game on the computer it helps makes me feel comfortable when I go for a walk out the front gate.By playing these type of games you get used to getting out even though you know that you are in front of your computer but still driving its a good feeling.I just like the feeling of being out and driving so I dont get out of practice.

What it really does is allow you to desensitise to the idea of driving for real.Its good practice.Anything that improves your daily life and makes you feel better is a step in the right direction no matter what you do.

Even if you play these race game before you step away from your home and you just want to know what it feels like to be in a car again,at least it helps you stay motovated.

Just a thought to share with you.