PDA

View Full Version : Anybody really uncomfortable when sick people are around you?

AceParadox
12-08-2012, 06:50 PM
I don't know why, but I just get SUPER uncomfortable when sick people are around me or make contact with me. I was ringing people out at the cash register today and this lady who looked like pale death was coughing and hacking and sniffling and she had like a boatload in her cart so I had to spend atleast 3 minutes with her. This made me soooo uncomfortable. I bolted to the bathroom to wash my hands afterwards...

Now I'm taking vitamin C pills. I don't really think this is anxiety, because I don't feel anxious just super uncomfortable and disgusted. Am I like a germaphobe? Anyone else like this too?

sunnythinks
12-08-2012, 08:17 PM
I am exactly like this. I get very uncomfortable about being around people who are sick. Right now, I'm on a bus back home and it seems like everyone around me has a cough, and it is really bothering me. I'm sitting alone, but still...ew!

rcohn20
12-08-2012, 09:52 PM
This happens to me too! I have a sensitive immune system and can get sick easily! I freak when I'm around sick people and always try to avoid them.
Although one thing that helps is not to stress out. Because that lowers your immunity and then you are more prone to it.
I just try to take care of myself as best as I can especially when colds are going around.
I found zinc lozenges at GNC which taste great and boost immunity.

AceParadox
12-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Zinc losanges, huh? I'll need to look into that. I've been taking those Airborne Vitamin C Surge chewables everyday before work. But they're expensive.
Glad to see I'm not the only one here who freaks out over sickness and stuff xD

rcohn20
12-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Yea they're so good and don't make me nauceous! I also carry around Emergen-c...you mix it with water and drink...it's really similar to airborne but I feel it works better.

Denv12
12-09-2012, 01:42 AM
One thing I hate is when people around me are ill,like the flu or a cold .They have no understanding they should be around others until its gone.
A few years ago I wouldnt let anyone visit if they were ill.I just wasnt gonna let them pass it on it to me.The least they can do is stay home until they get better.Protect yourself from catching anything.Make them stay home.

I've learnt how to spot people who arent healthy.If they lack colour in their skin-a bit pale looking you know they've got problems.

trinidiva
12-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Oh wow....I'm the same way....if I see someone who appears to be sick, I'm moving in the other direction!!!! I'm always trying to wipe everything down, etc...

angieproc1977
12-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Lol I'm the same too I also feel really bad if someine I know is ill and someone tells me especially if its heart related or something, my hubby's friend is in hospital at the mo with heart problems and this made me feel really anxious when my hubby was telling me x