PDA

View Full Version : Climbing up the stairs, please help!!

jlong007
12-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Hello All,

I climbed up 2 flights of stairs this morning to get to my office and after climbing up the stairs, my heart was beating fast and hard! This freaked me out and I started feeling a little dizzy. Now my heart is not beating as hard but my face is burning up. Has anyone else ha this before?

This is freaking me out!

Any response will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you

raggamuffin
12-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Your brain reacts to the rasied heartbeat and related it to previous attacks or anxiety moments you have. Thus emotion, worry and fear takes over and you allow more smyptoms to overwhelm you. These symptoms, as well as a host of others are very very common with anxiety. Read the sticky at the top of this section of the forum for symptoms. Don't fixate on it though, just learn from it and realize that, when your body is nervous enough all manner of pains or strange things can occur.

When they happen remind yourself it's just anxiety. Tell yourself you're not in any danger. Focus on deep breathing with elongated exhaling and try to relax. Don't keep questionning "what if's" or thinking the worst case scenario. Accept it's anxiety and move on, distract yourself, delve into something completly and the pains or weird feelings should disperse.

Hope you feel better soon

Ed

mw0929
12-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Hello All,

I climbed up 2 flights of stairs this morning to get to my office and after climbing up the stairs, my heart was beating fast and hard! This freaked me out and I started feeling a little dizzy. Now my heart is not beating as hard but my face is burning up. Has anyone else ha this before?

This is freaking me out!

Any response will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you

This actually happened to me about 2 months ago and since then I'm afraid to climb stairs.

SunnieDebris
12-07-2012, 08:14 PM
I think you had a completely natural physical response to increased activity. Feeling flush in the face is totally normal. Are you feeling better now?