PDA

View Full Version : Internal shakiness?

kasiejuhnay
12-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Someone please help. I am experiencing internal shakiness right now. It's scaring me. I'm afraid of having a seizure due to stress. I've never had one before but has anyone else experienced this?

cbrownn91
12-06-2012, 10:48 PM
If you've never had one before, I really wouldn't sweat it. Everyone now and then i'll have that, it's just another nasty side effect of anxiety. Also, thinking you will have one is also just the anxiety talking. Just recognize it all and tell yourself it's just the anxiety and it will pass, I promise! Always does for me(:

kasiejuhnay
12-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I have never had one before...it's the number one thing I worry about since watching my best friend have one this summer. Have you ever had the internal shaking before?

cbrownn91
12-06-2012, 11:00 PM
That underlying fear of having one after seeing that is also probably fueling your anxiety and thoughts about it. Are you referring to just like an internal feeling of unsteadiness or uncomfortableness?

kasiejuhnay
12-06-2012, 11:05 PM
No it's literally a shaking. I do this when I'm really cold but I am not cold.

cbrownn91
12-06-2012, 11:09 PM
That's probably just a reaction just being so anxious, when we have tornado threats and stuff around here (which I am morbidly terrified of) i'll get the shakes. In that situation, there's a threat that's actually causing it, but as we all know anxiety can give us symptoms that we normally have in threatening situations when there's no real threat. Everyones got different symptoms, i'm more than sure it's just due to the obsessive worrying over the seizures, it's really incredible how our thoughts can cause so many physical symptoms. Just try to keep your mind off of it, and just know it's another symptom, I promise it's nothing to worry about.

kasiejuhnay
12-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Thank you :) reading your replies helped me to relax.

dazza
12-07-2012, 01:18 AM
You must have heard the expression... "trembling with fear"?

Well, there ya go... :-)

Peak
12-07-2012, 01:43 AM
Sounds very similar to what I sometimes get. Occasionally I get a trembling feeling throughout my body which most of the time isn't severe & only noticeable to me. Other times it can increase to a full on body shake that even affects my voice. The cause? A massive surge in adrenalin. Why the surge? The body's flight or flight response is kicking in. Why is it kicking in? Anxiety/stressful situations or one of your triggers has been activated. It will pass though.

nicole123x
12-07-2012, 02:38 AM
You must have heard the expression... "trembling with fear"?

Well, there ya go... :-)

Dazza is right ..
I always shake and tremble after a anxiety attack. And when I say shake.... My bones are literally vibrating!

defmunel
12-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Yes, I get the internal shakes. Mine usually happens when
A: I'm talking about something I fear. It then causes a lot of nervousness and anxiety.
B: I drink soda.

Not sure why about the soda, but it's like I'm super cold and I shake. Most of the time my shaking is very noticeable to others and they will ask me if I'm cold. I just say yes. Then I have to take a few deep breathes and relax my body to help it go away. I'm sure it's harmless. It been happening to me for 11 years.

falconlady
12-07-2012, 07:58 PM
I had internal shakiness or tremors for 3 to 4 yrs. when I first started having anxiety, so I know exactly what you mean. I was told they could even be esophageal(sp?) spasms. They are very scary and uncomfortable but when I realized they weren't killing me they went away! Losing your fear is the key - easier said than done

mw0929
12-07-2012, 08:00 PM
I had internal shakiness or tremors for 3 to 4 yrs. when I first started having anxiety, so I know exactly what you mean. I was told they could even be esophageal(sp?) spasms. They are very scary and uncomfortable but when I realized they weren't killing me they went away! Losing your fear is the key - easier said than done

Same here. I was also told my acid reflux contributed to the spasms. I do notice when I'm not thinking about ot, they're far less likely to happen. But like you said... easier said than done.