PDA

View Full Version : December 21, 2012

anxiouschild
12-06-2012, 12:45 PM
This date scares the crap out. Actually keeps me up thinking some nights were just another day closer. I don't know if its a myth or what.

nicole123x
12-06-2012, 12:51 PM
This date scares the crap out. Actually keeps me up thinking some nights were just another day closer. I don't know if its a myth or what.

This is definitely a myth! It's been saying it since my mum was a child, she is 40! However, on that date there will be a winter solstice but that is no harm either!
Ive got to say my anxiety will be hitting the roof on this day lol

SunnieDebris
12-06-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm pretty sure that the Mayans were wrong. Or is this date a Christian thing? I can't keep all the doomsday theories straight. The apocalypse has been predicted a lot, and yet, here we are, still. I think it's just going to be another pretty winter day.

anxiouschild
12-06-2012, 01:21 PM
I don't know what it is. But all I've heard is negative things about it an it really scares the crap out of me. Seems like everyday we get closer to it, it scares me a little more.

nf1234
12-06-2012, 01:39 PM
It's not a Christian thing, I believe it was the Mayan's. The bible says nothing about the word ending on that date. I would bet all that I own that nothing is going to happen.

anxiouschild
12-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Hopefully it is just another day. Any suggestions on a coping method or anything? I'm scared about what kinda anxiety levels I will have that day.

Slammed Vdub
12-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Well first of all the calendar flips over and starts again like our calenders do EVERY year. And the "people" who strongly believed in this changed it to 2014. Probably to pop out some more movies... Nothing to be worried about!

anxiouschild
12-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Well first of all the calendar flips over and starts again like our calenders do EVERY year. And the "people" who strongly believed in this changed it to 2014. Probably to pop out some more movies... Nothing to be worried about!

Thanks for your opinion :)

Slammed Vdub
12-06-2012, 02:51 PM
and june 6th like 2 years ago. The "false prophet" said the world was going to end... And here we are

animegirl4ever
12-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Thats my birthday 12/21/12 yup its my birthday
as for the end of the world I was the same I worried about it for the longest time but then just gave up worrying about it
how I did that was I found something to really look forward to in 2013 making me realize that there will be a tomorrow after my birthday and that the myans were wrong
but if it makes you feel any better they found more of the calendar somewhere so it still keeps going

joshbagosh
12-06-2012, 04:53 PM
This is not a myth...I'm not saying the end of the world is going to happen but it is when the Mayan Callander ends. Also the galaxy will align with itself or something like that! I watched a show on discovery channel where scientists think the north and south poles will flip flop itself or Some crazy stuff like that! I don't think anything will happen but who knows!

AceParadox
12-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Personally, I don't believe any of it.

trinidiva
12-06-2012, 07:36 PM
I don't believe it. It's just like how everyone was freaked out about the year 2000....

cbrownn91
12-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Alright, the dude saying stuff about the discovery channel, no offense but that stuff on there is so ridiculous and is nothing but anxiety central. The pole thing you refer to is the "pole shift", which takes thousands of years to complete, not one day. Another thing is the galactic alignment crap, too bad NASA has shown its impossible for all the planets to be aligned at once and even so they said the same thing about jupiter and us aligning back in 2003 I believe and absolutely nothing happened. Even if we did all align, whats gonna happen? Some star wars magic and everything explodes? Probably not. There are so many "predictions" about what will happen on that date it is ridiculous and just seems more and more like something to make money off of every single day due to all the possible scenarios I keep coming across. Another thing they say is we will align with the galactic center where there is a massive black hole, well alright considering that no one truely knows where the galactic center truely is, i'm sure that random guy is the special only one who knows where it is. Trust me man i've spent months and months this year researching this and sending myself into full blown panic attacks and DP thanks to this, its all BS and its just to attract attention. It seems now that we're only about two weeks away now i'm really not that worried whatsoever. If anything was going to happen, (which it won't), we would be seeing something by now, some kind of sign, but no nothing out of the ordinary has happened anytime recently or really at all this year for that matter. Coming from one of the most anxiety prone people, I promise its nothing to worry about. Google NASA 2012 faq and you'll find alot of what i've told you and more. They're about as shocked at the stupidity of it as I am. If that still doesn't help, which a lot of people it won't, take a few extra pills that morning and just enjoy your day. Then, on December 22nd, 2012, we can all come back to this thread and laugh because of all the hype we let get to us. lol

dedee
12-06-2012, 10:19 PM

No one except GOD knows when in the end of the world will be .. Relax no scientist nor study will ever know ..
They said the wold will live only till 2000 and here we are 12 years ago it used to scare me at that time .
Trust God when he say something he means it :)) only he knows just relax

Slammed Vdub
12-06-2012, 10:36 PM
And about that magnetic reversal, its possible we are already living in one. Discovery blows it way out of whack to grab everyones attention for people like you.. and it works. The "scientists" have been wrong everytime before with stuff like this. Dont sweat it, honestly

PanicCured
12-07-2012, 02:44 AM
Dec. 21, 2012 is the end of a cycle and the beginning of another cycle according to the Mayans. Nothing here says it should be scary. I have not seen any evidence of the Mayans saying it is the end of the world or an apocalypse. For example, in Western astrology we ended Pisces and going into Aquarius. It's another cycle. There may be a real cycle that can be mapped out by astronomers and there may be meaning or there may not be meaning. From the looks o fit, it seems like there will be no difference between Dec 21 and Dec 22 and there is nothing to worry about. I actually was hoping for some great positive change but it looks like it'll be the same old same old.

raggamuffin
12-07-2012, 06:21 AM
Read this and for heavens sake stop worrying about pseudo scientific nonsense.

Nothing is going to happen

http://www.2012hoax.org/

Ed

jhunter89
12-07-2012, 06:51 PM
It's gonna be like that whole 'rapture' thing. What happened then? Fuck all!

dazza
12-08-2012, 04:21 AM
All things must end.

That's true for us, the earth and the sun.

They reckon the sun will run out of fuel (hydrogen) in about 6 billion years - so I wouldn't worry too much for now, lol