PDA

View Full Version : anxiety is kicking my a**

plainoldkassey
12-06-2012, 10:11 AM
So anxiety was never a big part of my life.. I never told anyone about it and hid my attacks. All was fine and well but now my attacks are coming often and I get them for the littlest things compared to before. I don't know what to do

dazza
12-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Kick it's fuckin' asssss back!!!

And when you're done with it's assss, kick it even harder in the balls!

SunnieDebris
12-06-2012, 11:20 AM
So anxiety was never a big part of my life.. I never told anyone about it and hid my attacks. All was fine and well but now my attacks are coming often and I get them for the littlest things compared to before. I don't know what to do

Have you been to your medical doctor or a therapist? Both can be very helpful and understanding.

raggamuffin
12-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Depends how much worry and emotion you allow it to have. Sure, when we get a pain or symptom or attack it's scary. But you have to tell yourself to stop. YOu have to stand back and rationalize what's happened with a neutral perspective. Challenge your normal worried, paranoid way of thinking. Realize that it is simply anxiety taking hold.

The sooner you calm yourself and accept it the sooner it'll go away. Don't fight it or dig yourself a hole with all the "what if?" questions because the anxiety will just feed off whatever worry you bestow upon it.

Ed