PDA

View Full Version : Help

attaylor86
12-05-2012, 10:31 PM
When I panic I'm in sheer terror. I don't notice any physical symptoms I just feel like I'm trapped in my own head. Like I'm being crushed by fear. Then I become trapped in the cycle of fear of panic. My only coping techniques are taking klonopin, trying to dial hotline or crisis centers, or killing myself. Why do I have no physical symptoms? What can I do?

lindz
12-05-2012, 11:19 PM
I don't think it sounds like an anxiety disorder . Did u see a doctor and get diagnosed?

SunnieDebris
12-05-2012, 11:36 PM
It's easy to become so wrapped up in the panic and fear that we forget everything else going on around us. As to what to do about it, my suggestion would be to try to distract yourself. Look at beautiful pictures, watch a funny movie, read, talk to a friend (about something else). Once your anxiety comes down some, you can try other methods, like meditation, journaling, or exercise. When you're in the cycle, it's too hard to focus on the problem and calm down. Remember, too, that anxiety cannot continue long-term without it coming down on its own. It's just hard to wait for it sometimes.