PDA

View Full Version : Need someone to talk to

justconfused
12-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Tonight is a bad night for me. I started feeling weird a few hours ago and it just turned into dry mouth, feel like my breathing is wrong, fast heart beat, and crying and feeling like my mind is going everywhere and I feel like this time is crazy. It feels like it's never going to stop feeling like this.

tep2007
12-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Take deep breaths and get in the shower.. And think abt nothing.. The feeling will fly away

mellymel
12-05-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm having a tough time too. Your not alone. Do you have any chamomile tea?

justconfused
12-05-2012, 08:57 PM
I've been through this so many times, but tonight it just feels like this sense of dread is not going away like it usually does after a good cry. I know the breathing techniques and videos, but I can't get my mind to stop long enough to do them. When I do them they don't help much, because I second guess as I do them if they makes any sense.

tep2007
12-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Think abt butterflies.. Try not to think abt them as u lay down in ur bad.. Dont let anything distract u

justconfused
12-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Does anyone know if Buspar works? I have it, but haven't given in to taking it even when I get really bad. I did take it when I first got it, but didn't take it long enough to notice the difference.

SunnieDebris
12-05-2012, 09:28 PM
I think this is an excellent time to give Buspar another chance. I've never taken it myself, but you have it now. The sooner you start, the sooner you will be able to notice whether or not it will work for you long-term. Give it at least 6 weeks to 3 months for things to really happen.

fiendwithoutaface
12-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Isn't buspar a mood stabilizer? I think one would feel the effects of a mood stabilizer, or antipsychotic almost immediately. Could have been fed false facts, but I do believe that's what a nurse told me.

SunnieDebris
12-06-2012, 12:31 AM
You know, I'm not a doctor. I understood that psych meds can take time to work, but I must say that I have no medical training, so I may have spoken out of turn. I would suggest that justconfused get this answered by his/her doctor.

Jinaiya
12-06-2012, 02:15 AM
I hear you. I am going through the same bad night that you are. My symptoms started at 8pm. Its now 1am and I have given up on sleep. :(

justconfused
12-06-2012, 05:48 AM
You know, I'm not a doctor. I understood that psych meds can take time to work, but I must say that I have no medical training, so I may have spoken out of turn. I would suggest that justconfused get this answered by his/her doctor.

I also have a low dose of citalophram that I was given by a second opionion doctor that told me maybe I should try it instead. I don't know which one would be better. I've already asked the doctors, but am always hesitant until someone who has taken it before knows if it helps.

flower4
12-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Hello, talk to a find about it or go for a walk and get some fresh air. I know when you feel low all you want to do is cry and go to bed but you need to understand how to control these emotions it's easier said than done I'm still working on it myself but we all have to think positive.

SunnieDebris
12-06-2012, 01:06 PM
I hate it when doctors don't agree. How are you to know which will work best? That's what the docs get paid for. If its between a GP and a psychiatrist, I think I'd lean more toward the psych doctor. You may also want to do some research to see which you think is a better fit. Sorry I can't be more helpful.