PDA

View Full Version : Hello Friends!

almighty1080
12-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Hello everybody!

I thought searching for forums about anxiety would be a good idea for me. I suffer from panic attacks and general anxiety, mostly in public situations, closed areas. I have been on meds about 5 or 6 yrs ago and it did wonders for me, got rid of all my panic attacks and i eventually stopped taking my medication and was sympton free for a few years. Now its starting to come back again. I am currently taking 75g Effexor XR(generic) and .5mg xanax when needed. Having some crazy side effects tho, only on day 4. Anyways, i hope to learn from you guys as well as provide my own input on some of my own experiences ive had in the past.

SunnieDebris
12-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Welcome! What kind of side effects are you having?

almighty1080
12-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Mostly nausea, it has been causing me to dry heave every now and then. I have also been having this strange cold feeling in my head and some dizziness. I spoke with my pharmacist and she recommended i try Bonine, seems to work a bit for the nausea.

SunnieDebris
12-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Nausea is one of the most underrated symptoms there are. I take meclizine when my nausea gets bad. It's like compazine, but an OTC variant. I haven't heard of bonine before. Is is prescription?

MillieH
12-05-2012, 04:42 AM
My dr told me to take my meds (lexapro) with dairy to cut down on the nausea, and it helps, I have yogurt or cereal for breakfast.

almighty1080
12-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Bonine is basically just a motion sickness tablet, its okay. I mainly get this lump in my throat feeling that causes me to feel nauseous.

SunnieDebris
12-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Bonine is basically just a motion sickness tablet, its okay. I mainly get this lump in my throat feeling that causes me to feel nauseous.

I used to get that all the time! Then my throat will close us and its hard to swallow. That really took it out of me, fighting those feelings all day.