PDA

View Full Version : Why would she say this!!

stjlynn
12-04-2012, 01:25 PM
So I go to the drs this morning for a cold.. Which turned into a pretty nasty cough the last couple of days.. So I go in my primary wasn't in so I saw a different dr that I've never met before I tell her my symptoms and then tell her my left shoulder blade and side hurt and she replies hmm that could be a blood clot but its very rare... I'm like WTF why would she say this to me now I'm freaked out

StaceyEaster93
12-04-2012, 01:43 PM
So I go to the drs this morning for a cold.. Which turned into a pretty nasty cough the last couple of days.. So I go in my primary wasn't in so I saw a different dr that I've never met before I tell her my symptoms and then tell her my left shoulder blade and side hurt and she replies hmm that could be a blood clot but its very rare... I'm like WTF why would she say this to me now I'm freaked out

Because it's not your doctor and she obviously doesn't know your history of anxiety and panic. Try not to worry yourself too much! I know it's easier said than done being a worrier anyway, but just make an appointment for YOUR doctor and don't worry until then x

stjlynn
12-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Or common sense if you see that a person takes Prozac wellbutrin and kolopins you may want to be careful what you say!! I'm like so what does that mean... Oh nothing it's just a rate possibility there are no rare possibilities to me unfortunately

SunnieDebris
12-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Or common sense if you see that a person takes Prozac wellbutrin and kolopins you may want to be careful what you say!! I'm like so what does that mean... Oh nothing it's just a rate possibility there are no rare possibilities to me unfortunately

I agree with forwels, the doctor was not sympathetic to your situation. It's their training. They get grilled over and over about what symptoms go with what diagnosis. It is probably a good idea to stick with your usual MD. When you call and make the appointment, you can ask that you see no one else, so that this doesn't happen again. You don't have a blood clot. You have a cold and anxiety. Try to take a bubble bath or have some tea and try to relax.

miss_mac666
12-04-2012, 03:04 PM

This doctor is not very smart. she should know to atleast take a look at someone history before sayon such things. pretty sure you side hurts from coughing if your cough is really bad. probably just pulled some muscles. you will be otay! :)

mw0929
12-04-2012, 04:37 PM

She's an idiot. No way to make that diagnosis from mere pain complaints. I would speak to my primary before anything. Did she order any tests?

stjlynn
12-04-2012, 05:37 PM
A chest X-ray... Because she said it was rare for a blood clot I don't know why she bothered bringing it up