PDA

View Full Version : Life will always get better!

jdubb4045
12-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Hello all. I have not posted on here in awhile and I thought I would give a quick update of how things have been going for me. A few months ago, I hit one of the lowest points in my life. I basically had a full on "nervous breakdown". My body completely shut down. I could not sleep for days and I thought I was going to completely lose my mind for good. My anxiety had taken over my life in ways that I have never experienced before. I was being controlled my fears that did not make any sense, but were still very real to me. I had panic attacks over the smallest things. Leaving the house even became a serious challenge. I saw my doctor and she put me on 50MG of Zoloft and Xanex for panic attacks. At first this did not seem to help, but after a couple weeks I did notice a difference. I started to feel like myself again and I started to face some of my fears. Little by little, my life started to come back. I started to smile and laugh again. I realized a lot about myself in the last few months and a lot about life in general. The simple fact is, life will always get better. I hope that I can inspire someone out there who may be going through hard times themselves. You WILL get through it! I am living proof. I was at the lowest of the low. I had no hope and I truly did not want to go on in life. But I did go on and I am here to tell you, life gets better. I encourage anyone with similar problems to seek professional help. I waited because I thought I could get through things on my own. I regret this now because there is lots of help out there. I was also very skeptical about taking drugs, but I am also here to tell you that once you find the right one for you, they do help!! Never give up! Keep fighting and God bless you!

MillieH
12-03-2012, 08:59 PM
:) thank you for sharing, glad that you got better.

SunnieDebris
12-03-2012, 09:23 PM
That is awesome to hear! Congratulations! You did a lot of hard work to get there!

eyebob
12-04-2012, 04:49 AM
If there is one thing that the majority of people would agree with here, its this; drugs help us cope through the rough patches. For some they are also the long term solution.

Good for you getting some help.

kirklanddpt
12-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Congratulations on getting through such a difficult time!!
There is such a stigma within our society regarding mental illness and taking medication for mental illness. The research is clear that these diseases/disorders occur in the brain, and effect physiological and chemical influences on the brain. If you were diabetic you would have no problems taking insulin. It's the same thing w mental illness. Your body needs external assistance. There's no shame in taking these medications. The shame is in knowing you need them bc of the effect the illness has on your life and NOT taking them.

rcohn20
12-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Hello all. I have not posted on here in awhile and I thought I would give a quick update of how things have been going for me. A few months ago, I hit one of the lowest points in my life. I basically had a full on "nervous breakdown". My body completely shut down. I could not sleep for days and I thought I was going to completely lose my mind for good. My anxiety had taken over my life in ways that I have never experienced before. I was being controlled my fears that did not make any sense, but were still very real to me. I had panic attacks over the smallest things. Leaving the house even became a serious challenge. I saw my doctor and she put me on 50MG of Zoloft and Xanex for panic attacks. At first this did not seem to help, but after a couple weeks I did notice a difference. I started to feel like myself again and I started to face some of my fears. Little by little, my life started to come back. I started to smile and laugh again. I realized a lot about myself in the last few months and a lot about life in general. The simple fact is, life will always get better. I hope that I can inspire someone out there who may be going through hard times themselves. You WILL get through it! I am living proof. I was at the lowest of the low. I had no hope and I truly did not want to go on in life. But I did go on and I am here to tell you, life gets better. I encourage anyone with similar problems to seek professional help. I waited because I thought I could get through things on my own. I regret this now because there is lots of help out there. I was also very skeptical about taking drugs, but I am also here to tell you that once you find the right one for you, they do help!! Never give up! Keep fighting and God bless you!

I'm at that point as we speak...my life is crumbling-I left a job yesterday that gave me such horrible anxiety that it stopped me from eating for over 3 weeks and now I'm under my family's care...I feel ashamed...I was so excited about this new position but it caused me a nervous breakdown. I've been through a lot in life-I know things do get better-but right now I just feel horrible about my life. Your story is inspiring-thank you for sharing.

SunnieDebris
12-05-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm at that point as we speak...my life is crumbling-I left a job yesterday that gave me such horrible anxiety that it stopped me from eating for over 3 weeks and now I'm under my family's care...I feel ashamed...I was so excited about this new position but it caused me a nervous breakdown. I've been through a lot in life-I know things do get better-but right now I just feel horrible about my life. Your story is inspiring-thank you for sharing.

I'm glad to hear that you have the support of your family. Not everyone has that. Give yourself a break. Leaving a job that is a bad fit is better than enduring 20 years at a job you hate. Most people would have just accepted that work sucks, but it's important to find a position where you can be happy, since you spend 40 hours a week there, or more. That was a bold decision you made, good for you!

rcohn20
12-08-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm glad to hear that you have the support of your family. Not everyone has that. Give yourself a break. Leaving a job that is a bad fit is better than enduring 20 years at a job you hate. Most people would have just accepted that work sucks, but it's important to find a position where you can be happy, since you spend 40 hours a week there, or more. That was a bold decision you made, good for you!

Thank you so much for your support! It means so much!

AceParadox
12-08-2012, 11:23 PM
I, also, am a success story. My anxiety used to have my huddled up in the fetal position under my covers trembling with fear. A grown 20 year old guy, brought to his knees in fear by his own mind. But I refused to let anxiety get me, my dreams and ambitions were far too strong. How could I strive to be the worlds greatest dad one day, if I let my anxiety defeat me? How I rise to the top of my career if I was pegged down by anxiety? I slammed my fist on my desk one night during the onset of an attack and I said "I'm putting an end to this here and now" and totally felt all Gandalf-ish, then just said to myself "With each attack you launch on me anxiety, I gain 10 times stronger. You will never, ever, ever win. NEVER." and after a while, it got weaker and weaker, because everytime I felt the onset of an attack I'd be like "Nope. Not gunna happen, buddy." and it'd be like slapping it in the face with a frying pan as it attempted to prance into glory.

Some people might say "Rubbish! No, no. ABSOLUTE ROT, ACE! Positivity does nothing! NOTHING for anxiety!" when in fact, it was my greatest and most powerful weapon. Anxiety is like a dementor, they feed on every good feeling, every happy memory until a person is left with nothing buttheir worst experiences. Our pain becomes their power.

Staying positive and not losing hope is key.