PDA

View Full Version : Kinesiology

rhar
12-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi Everyone,
I have been dealing with crippling anxiety, panic and mild agoraphobia for almost 12 months and have been going to Kinesiology and I swear that it helps. It's very odd and I questioned it the first time I went but now I've been 4 times and I swear by it!
Anythings worth a shot when you feel so bad!!

vanessac
12-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Hey there

Can I ask what kinosiolgy is I've never heard of it before :)

rhar
12-03-2012, 08:05 PM
It's like reiki. They do weird things with your arms and legs and they "shift" anxiety and thoughts.

It seems to work for me 😄

kasiejuhnay
12-03-2012, 10:37 PM
I have heard of this. I really want to try it but I dont think anyone local does it. :( I'm glad it's working for you. :)

rhar
12-04-2012, 12:48 AM
What a shame as its seriously good!!!

Manpie
12-04-2012, 09:03 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinesiology

funkstarsista
12-04-2012, 07:11 PM
google "placebo effect". It's expensive and there are no clinical trials / research to prove that it does anything in the long term, in the short term it may relax you because you believe you are being helped and receiving one on one care.
I had some for free by a relative and I'm still looking for a "cure".

rhar
12-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Does it seriously matter if it's helping someone?
Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't for others.

funkstarsista
12-09-2012, 02:23 AM
tell us in 6 months if you are cured.

rhar
12-09-2012, 02:50 AM
I don't think there is a "cure" but things help you learn to manage the anxiety..

Good in you for you and your positivity... Not
This forum is meant to help people not for making negative comments to people who are sharing information.

funkstarsista
12-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is evidence based and has been proven to help with anxiety and depression. I would strongly recommend that if your anxiety is caused by your thinking that you look into CBT. Kinesiology will not change your thought patterns.
I'm sorry rhar if I have been negative. My mother-in-law is a kinesiologist and she is very opinionated and over bearing about it and believes it is a cure-all for everything. She really annoys me and maybe I was taking it out on this thread a little, I am sorry for that.

SunnieDebris
12-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is evidence based and has been proven to help with anxiety and depression. I would strongly recommend that if your anxiety is caused by your thinking that you look into CBT. Kinesiology will not change your thought patterns.
I'm sorry rhar if I have been negative. My mother-in-law is a kinesiologist and she is very opinionated and over bearing about it and believes it is a cure-all for everything. She really annoys me and maybe I was taking it out on this thread a little, I am sorry for that.

Fukarista, I completely understand your reaction to the suggestion of kenisiology. Thank you for explaining that. I also read that you want to start a CBT group to support others. I think that is admirable, but may I respectfully caution you that CBT is not the only answer to our struggles. It did not work for me for many years, until I started Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). That has done me more good in the last 18 months, than 10 years of CBT. (I also want to say, in the spirit of being open about my baggage, that many years ago my best friend told me that she could no longer be my friend unless I started CBT again. This was after she got married, and I threw her 2 bachelorette parties and had to wear and expensive and ugly bridesmaids dress. I told her straight up that we were no longer friends then. So I really feel you when you talk about your mother-in-law.)