PDA

View Full Version : Breathing worries

vanessac
12-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Does anyone stress out over wether they are breathing properly or not. I know it sounds crazy but this thought bothers me all the time. I worry if I'm breathing to slowly worry if I'm breathing to quickly and it really freaks me out.

mw0929
12-03-2012, 09:45 AM
I worry about my breathing almost every day. I am always conscious about how slow or fast I breathe. You are definitely not alone.

sunnythinks
12-03-2012, 09:56 AM
You are not alone in this. The more I think about it, the more I become preoccupied with my breathing. I think I'm not breathing deeply enough and start to freak out! I feel better when I'm distracted, though. :)

vanessac
12-03-2012, 10:15 AM
It's not just me then :), I just want to be rid of all these mad feelings. How are you guys doing today?

Aimra
12-03-2012, 10:41 AM
My breathing worry is a result of my anxiety. Whenever I am anxious I almost instantly focus and stress on my breathing. Doing this makes me dizzy and even more anxious but I can't help it. Even writing this I am started to feel it come on. If you ever come up with a relaxation technique that works, please let me know. Hang in there.

freakingoutnow
12-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Yes, This is a major cause of my anxiety and it is very hard to distract from it. I am attempting to only breath through my nose right now to avoid hyperventilation which worsens anxiety. This is so hard to beat!

vanessac
12-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Any one with any techniques to over come this pls post ASAP, as its really frightening and adds ten fold to anxiety. Hang in there peeps just try to focus on something else when you feels your attention diverting that way x

justconfused
12-03-2012, 10:54 PM
I always find myself wondering if I am supposed to breathe the way I am. Even when I'm not really bad at that moment. Sometimes I overthink it and it almost feels like I forget how to breathe, but what helps me is I always tell myself not to freak out. It has happened for the past few months and every single time when I quit thinking about it..it stopped. So I just know that if it stopped last time then I can do it again.

SunnieDebris
12-04-2012, 12:14 AM
There are some great YouTube videos that show how to progressively relax, and they way that works is by concentrating on the breath. There are also some great apps, too, that use the same principle. The reason for that is so that you can practice it anywhere, anytime to help relieve some symptoms of anxiety. That's where I would start.

Amr
12-04-2012, 08:34 AM
I've had This its like i almost forgot how to Breathe its very terrifying.

The only think that has helped me with this is to ignore my breathing and never focus on it. Breathing deeply techniques made it worse for me
Good luck ppl

Manpie
12-04-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm always checking my carotid and radial pulse.

Manpie
12-04-2012, 08:57 AM
There are times where I've been holding my breath without even knowing it and out of no where I just take a massive inhale of air.

mw0929
12-04-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm always checking my carotid and radial pulse.

I do the same thing.

freakingoutnow
12-04-2012, 01:43 PM
This is a horrifying symptom and I really want it gone! I have been trying to breath only through nose to avoid hyperventilating and it worked for 3 days and the past 3 days are hell again. I need a way to forget about it. I need complete distraction. What I need is a vacation on a tropical island! :)

kirklanddpt
12-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Take deep slow breathes. Rather than all through our nose, breath in through you nose, purse your lips like you are blowing and exhale. It's called "pursed-lip breathing"