PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

sweetgurly29
12-03-2012, 05:22 AM
Hi im new here. I am happy to find people like me as Ive felt crazy and like im the only one like this for years! I suffer from anxiety disorder and daily panic attacks for about 12 years now. The anxiety attacks have gotten worse in intensity and frequency. I have called 911 twice in the last month and have been to the ER many times over these attacks where I feel like Im dying. Feeling hopeless. Im against medication because I was on them last year and had a day where i realized i felt numb, hadnt cried or laughed in months suddenly didnt care about anyone or anything! It was very scary to me. Yes the anxiety improved but at the price of turning into a heartless, insomniac robot?! I will never be on meds for it again. Hopeless and depressed.

sweetgurly29
12-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Where I realized I wasn't feeling any strong emotions anymore at all, hadnt laughed or cried in months. Didnt miss my family or friends. I was numb to everything. It scared the crap out of me. I didnt like anxiety but at the same time I didnt want to become a robot not caring passionately about anything! What is the point of life in that state? I also never slept! Ran on 3 hours or less of sleep, no sex drive, no appetite. It helped the anxiety but the side effects were too much to handle. So I will never go on medicine. I have enough fear of medicine anyways. I have asthma and wont even take the proper preventative meds for that for fear of over medicating and damaging my heart. I check my heart rate several times a day. I can never relax. I sit down to watch tv and ill get instant panic attack. Happens a lot after meals. My body doesnt know how to take it easy. It has greatly affected my social and personal life. Lately I have felt depressed and hopeless. I am tired of feeling this way. The things that cause me anxiety I feel powerless like i am stuck so i just stare and worry about them day after day doing nothing! My life is out of control.

Meagan
12-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Please don't give up on medication. All medications can cause side effects but it doesn't mean u will automatically have them. I've had low sex drive with Paxil but not prozac and so on. Its just how your body reacts to that particular drug. If u can find one that works with ur body chemistry it is really a good thing. Without meds I would be a mess but it was a long road finding something I still felt normal on without the unwanted side effects. But they are out there so its worth the search. Just my personal opinion and my clinical experience from being a mental health social worker for over four years. Everyone can't believe I do social work because I suffer with mental illness but then I ask ..who would u rather help guide and support u...someone who knows the feelings or someone who read it in a textbook ;) always know there are many of us on this site that will be willing to be a shoulder of comfort

SunnieDebris
12-05-2012, 08:04 PM
I have also had bad side effects from drugs, but I'm on 2 now that really help. I laugh all the time, cry, and even have a good sex drive. It's too bad that you had such bad side effects from drugs that were supposed to help you. Dd you talk to your doctor about the troublesome side effects? We accept you here whether you decide to take meds or not. I hope you find the answers that you seek.