PDA

View Full Version : what if everyone didnt walk around in the world wearing their "normal" mask?

eyebob
12-03-2012, 04:52 AM
All humans suffer. Its a fact. The worst people suffer and dont know it. Those of us "blessed" with self awareness feel our pain and as such suffer mightily.

My wishes for humanity are many, but among the most important wish is that would really love to see everyone drop the face they wear in public. Be strong enough to actually share your pain. Be strong enough to accept others pain. Those of us who suffer from behavioural health issues hide it partly, well mainly because we dont see it around us. By dropping the mask we would drop our judgements too and come to realize that we are all in this bowl of soup together. Our western society has fractured our sense of the interconnectedness of us (and everything)

I have dropped my mask to my family and close friends. ( I still wear it in public for fear of whatever repercussions might exist. Thats probably an unfounded fear) i am however, very compassionate to my fellow humans that suffer and feel like because of my own mental afflictions, i can sense it in others readily.

What would happen if we all totally dropped our "act" and our "mask?"

dazza
12-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Interesting thought, although I'm not sure how "suffering mightily" is a blessing? lol

Ignorance is perhaps more of a blessing.

Do you think that you wish this was the case because you are jealous of others who seem to live perfect lives? (my thoughts are... probably)

eyebob
12-03-2012, 06:09 AM
Interesting thought, although I'm not sure how "suffering mightily" is a blessing? lol

Ignorance is perhaps more of a blessing.

Do you think that you wish this was the case because you are jealous of others who seem to live perfect lives? (my thoughts are... probably)

Nope, I suffer no illusions about the reality of the human condition. We are all suffering. My wish is that all of us could see it more in ourselves so the we could all have more compassion. Ignorance is denial. Awareness is the only way to fight back.

dazza
12-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Nope, I suffer no illusions about the reality of the human condition. We are all suffering. My wish is that all of us could see it more in ourselves so the we could all have more compassion. Ignorance is denial. Awareness is the only way to fight back.

On some kind of moral / struggle to conform level - I agree, we all suffer.

I also agree with your comments re. compassion. I think we've become too selfish in our struggles to get noticed and get rich.

Ignorance can be denial, but, in some cases / scenarios / situations / lifestyles / general attitudes - it works very, VERY well. It depends in which context you refer.

The old saying "Ignorance is bliss" is one that anxious folk would most likely benefit from.
There are enough / too many problems / issues in the world around us that taking on anymore is enough to make us crazy.
Best not to know in some cases! but again, all in context.

alankay
12-03-2012, 06:35 AM
There's still such a stigma that I sometimes let folks know I'm "more high strung then they might realize" and leave it at that. It's a shame and all cultures are like this. Alankay.