PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain HELP

destiny880
12-02-2012, 08:33 PM
I have been having chest pain and left arm pain.

SunnieDebris
12-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Destiny,

How long has this been going on? Do you have any other symptoms?

Sunnie

destiny880
12-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Is been going on for a while and yes sumtimes i get short of brearh n i panic even more

dedee
12-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Is been going on for a while and yes sumtimes i get short of brearh n i panic even more

Check ur vitamin D level all this from the anxiety it's all normal it will go away and you will be fine trust me and trust your self think positive

SunnieDebris
12-03-2012, 03:28 PM

Destiny,

Did this clear up, or are you still having symptoms?

Sunnie

dazza
12-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Chest & left arm pain is often associated with an impending heart attack.

It is also an extremely common duo symptom of anxiety.

A heart attack will lead to sweating (especially palms), dizziness, a very hard time breathing and eventually passing out.
This usually occurs within anything from a few minutes to several hours.

If you have anxiety disorder, then it's almost guaranteed to be a transient symptom of anxiety - but... you know the score - see a doc. to be sure.

jfletch
12-03-2012, 06:53 PM
I get the chest pains as well. Sharp stabbing pain and sometimes a dull ache. Is this something I am imagining? Or are they harmless? I have already been diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder. I just don't understand how anxiety and panic can cause this.

destiny880
12-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Yes i called the paramedics but they said it looked fine but to still go to the hospital. It styl hurts a lot tho

SunnieDebris
12-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Good, I'm glad you went. Symptoms of anxiety can be very frightening, and even though they said you are ok, it can still feel overwhelming. My suggestion would be to see a therapist, if you are able. A good one can make a huge difference in your recovery. We are all here to support you, so don't be afraid to check in when you are having a tough moment. I would also suggest doing a 5-10 minute progressive relaxation exercise (you can find a ton on YouTube) daily, as well as journaling your thoughts and feelings. Sometimes, if you get them down on paper, your brain doesn't send quite as many alert messages, and you can find a space to breathe.

destiny880
12-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Thank you everybody :)