PDA

View Full Version : Wtf!!!

sesler
12-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Yesterday I went to get my hair colored ( that's what happens when you're 45... Lol) and a piece of hair with color on it went into my eye. My first reaction... PANIC. My wonderful hairdresser got a wet towel for my eye. Then I thought... WTF!! It was a small hair with very little color on it, stop worrying. Got through that one.
Later that day I went to hit tennis balls with my son. By the time we got home my left arm was killing me and I was winded.... again PANIC. Then I had to stop and say WTF... You have been inactive for 6 months and haven't hit a tennis ball in years. Of course your arms going to hurt and you're going to be out of breath.
So when I feel anxious or feel panicked , I'm just going to tell my self "WTF and get over it!" m not going to let this control my life anymore!!!!!

PanicCured
12-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Try the words, "Fuck it!" It has a special magical quality to it.

sesler
12-02-2012, 08:27 AM
I didn't want to offend anyone... Lol

dazza
12-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Yesterday I went to get my hair colored ( that's what happens when you're 45... Lol) and a piece of hair with color on it went into my eye. My first reaction... PANIC. My wonderful hairdresser got a wet towel for my eye. Then I thought... WTF!! It was a small hair with very little color on it, stop worrying. Got through that one.
Later that day I went to hit tennis balls with my son. By the time we got home my left arm was killing me and I was winded.... again PANIC. Then I had to stop and say WTF... You have been inactive for 6 months and haven't hit a tennis ball in years. Of course your arms going to hurt and you're going to be out of breath.
So when I feel anxious or feel panicked , I'm just going to tell my self "WTF and get over it!" m not going to let this control my life anymore!!!!!

This is tel-tale of a person who is recovering from or getting to grips with their disorder.

Rationality is beginning to outweigh your panic response.

You know, for people at their worst - you can't FORCE this attitude on them. Much like you can't force a grieving person to be happy.

It takes time. The brain needs to recover and this is often quite a lengthy process... as with grief.

SunnieDebris
12-02-2012, 09:55 AM

Good for you! Keep going!

PanicCured
12-02-2012, 08:46 PM
You aren't offending anyone by saying Fuck it! How is it so different from what the fuck? Whatever works for you is fine. Watch these videos:
http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?13713-Fuck-It-Therapy-Say-Fuck-It-and-Face-Your-Fears