PDA

View Full Version : Hello

deezee92
12-01-2012, 07:42 PM
I am new to the forum and am happy for the support. Good luck to everyone.

SunnieDebris
12-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Hello, and welcome!

deezee92
12-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Thank you. I have been diagnosed with generalized anxiety for five years. I took meds, did CBT and thought I was cured. After about a year I realized I needed more assistance. So, I have a good therapist and am beginning a new med. I am hopeful for more success. Nighttime is hard. Too many thoughts but I practice meditation and breathing.

mypower
12-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Hello All,

I wish you all a very happy Xmas

MainerMikeBrown
12-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Deezee, I hope you will find this forum to be a place where you can express yourself. And I hope you'll find doing so to be therapeutic like so many others have.

SunnieDebris
12-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Thank you. I have been diagnosed with generalized anxiety for five years. I took meds, did CBT and thought I was cured. After about a year I realized I needed more assistance. So, I have a good therapist and am beginning a new med. I am hopeful for more success. Nighttime is hard. Too many thoughts but I practice meditation and breathing.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder is one of the hardest things to get over, because everything and anything can trigger those feelings. Don't give up! You have found acceptance and support here. Nighttime is definitely a hard time. Have you ever tried journaling your thoughts and feelings? Sometimes it helps to get those out on paper.

rcohn20
12-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Generalized Anxiety Disorder is one of the hardest things to get over, because everything and anything can trigger those feelings. Don't give up! You have found acceptance and support here. Nighttime is definitely a hard time. Have you ever tried journaling your thoughts and feelings? Sometimes it helps to get those out on paper.

I journal every night! It helps -I'm also lucky to have a few super supportive friends whom I can reach out to any time of the day if I'm feeling overwhelmed. But definitely start journaling at night!