PDA

View Full Version : Lightheaded when standing

StaceyEaster93
12-01-2012, 02:19 PM
I get really lightheaded near enough every time I stand up and it's really starting to scare me now. What if my blood pressure is really really low? I have had it checked before and she always says it okay, but that it's lower when I stand up and my doctor wasn't too sure why! I have so many thoughts going through my head and I'm really starting to panic now

SunnieDebris
12-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Are you drinking enough water and getting good, restful sleep? Lack of water or sleep can make you feel that way. If you're seriously worried, you can also buy a home BP tester (I have one) to check it when you feel that way. They're only about $20-$30. When did this start?

12-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Try some Gatorade too. I have the same problem.

12-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Oh' also, try standing up more slowly and stop when you get the fuzzy feeling.

alankay
12-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Lots of folks get that as your BP needs to come up when you stand and it takes a few moments to raise enough and in the mean time you get a bit lightheaded. Meds can cause this but it usually passes and is harmless. Alankay

Audrey00
12-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Happens to me as well, I just ignore it ! My Bp is always good so I don't worry :) hope it gets better for you

joshbagosh
12-01-2012, 06:15 PM
I notice my anxiety symptoms happen more when I'm active. Like walking around doing dishes and cleaning house...or maybe it's just when I do things I really don't want to do my symptoms sprout! Just take a good look in the mirror and tell yourself you are a healthy woman with an awesome hair style. Keep telling yourself its just anxiety! This is what I've been doing, (well besides the awesome hair thing) and I've felt a lot better!

destiny880
12-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Girl wow! Is like if i wrote this im on the SAME BOAt! Lol it gets me more anxious i just feel sumtimes imma stop breathing cuz my heart then starts slowing dwn cuz i feel imma faint and then my head starts hurting