PDA

View Full Version : College/uni

moonchild86
12-01-2012, 06:39 AM
Hey. I'm new here. I've suffered from anxiety on and off for around 12 years (I'm 26) I had to give up school because of panic attacks and the. Ended up becoming agoraphobic. I got better after having my son. Basically my anxiety is back and I'm about to finish my third year at college. I feel that I can't cope with it :(

MillieH
12-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Try to stay positive :) It can't be easy balancing a child and college, I'm having a tough time with work and college, but nothing that's worth it is easy. I'm new here too, and so far everyone has been really supportive.

Manpie
12-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Hi moonchild86. I have 2 young children but having them has added to my anxiety if I'm honest. How did you overcome your Agoraphobia and how long did you suffer for ?

hellopleasedtomeeyou
12-01-2012, 08:19 AM
hey moonchild86. I hope you're enjoying school. I have suffered school related anxiety as well. The tip that got me through it is to take it one day at a time and do a little bit for every class each day. You can do it! keep up the good work and take care :).

moonchild86
12-01-2012, 09:53 AM
For some reason this app isn't letting me type much. I guess when I was pregnant all I could focus on was my baby. And I just forgot all them nasty anxious thoughts! I still get days when I find it difficult to leave my home though. The main trigger of the anxiety is the unreality feeling. As I'd I've just woken from a dream. It's a nasty feeling :(. Thank you for the replies x

alankay
12-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Have you sen a doc or therapist for your anxiety at all? alankay

Manpie
12-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Every day for is like a different reality so I know how you feel.

moonchild86
12-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Yes I have. I've been on citalopram 20mg then put up to 30mg. The 30 was too strong. For me so I'm now on 10mg and taking amitriptyline at night. It's eased things a bit. I guess I just have to wait.

ilovejake
12-01-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm suffering from really bad anxiety and am on my first year of college. I am doing online courses and I'm kind of glad. My anxiety didn't really start until college began. I find what's best for me is to honestly just do homework when I have motivation for it. I use to work off a schedule but I think that added too much stress. And I work in small chunks if I'm having a really bad anxiety days.

SunnieDebris
12-01-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm suffering from really bad anxiety and am on my first year of college. I am doing online courses and I'm kind of glad. My anxiety didn't really start until college began. I find what's best for me is to honestly just do homework when I have motivation for it. I use to work off a schedule but I think that added too much stress. And I work in small chunks if I'm having a really bad anxiety days.

Good for you for finding a way to manage your symptoms!