PDA

View Full Version : Extreme nausea/vomiting

11-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with extreme nausea and vomiting during an attack?

Audrey00
12-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Sometimes I vomit after , I get nauseous from constant dizziness though :(

AceParadox
12-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Peppermint tea is supposed to be really good for curing that nausea feeling. It is also calming. Not sure how much compared to Chamomile though.
I prefer the taste of mint over chamomile though so it's my choice of relaxing tea. HAven't tested the nausea thing, since I never really get nauseous, but I read that it does. Worth a try?

SunnieDebris
12-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Ginger is supposed to help, but many can't stand the flavor. Lavender is very helpful, but that's more of a topical thing, like lotion.

12-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Thank you! How do you calm down during an attack when you're vomiting?

SunnieDebris
12-01-2012, 10:11 PM
If it came to that for me, I'd take my Zofran ODT and a Klonopin. Both have kept me out of the hospital numerous times.

jmar1116
12-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Anyone gag or feel like gagging during anxiety??

SunnieDebris
12-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Yes, all the time. That's my primary anxiety symptom. And no, I don't know how to stop that symptom. All I know is that I'm getting better overall by attending group DBT therapy sessions weekly, and seeing my therapist and psychiatrist as needed. I also quit my job, which has reduced some anxiety as well.

jmar1116
12-02-2012, 10:10 AM
I hate to say it but I'm glad I'm not alone with this symptom.. Thank you for responding:)

Audrey00
12-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Sleepy time tea is also good :) it has helped me relax before bed

SunnieDebris
12-02-2012, 03:38 PM
I hate to say it but I'm glad I'm not alone with this symptom.. Thank you for responding:)

I think that you'll find that you're never alone here.

trinidiva
12-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Or they do have a lemon ginger tea also, which will help ease the nausea.

kirklanddpt
12-05-2012, 09:56 AM
I have dealing w extreme nausea and vomiting for about 10 months now on a semi-regular basis. I tracked everything I put in my body, time of day it occurred, how long it occurred, etc. I was never able to come up w any pattern other than the majority of the time it occurred in the evenings or in the middle of the night. What is frustrating is that neither Phenergan nor Zofran help. OTC Ematrol helps, but only if my only symptom is nausea. I am current prescribed Prilosec and Nexium, and am scheduled for an endoscopy. So, I know exactly how you feel. It's absolutely miserable.

SunnieDebris
12-05-2012, 03:08 PM
I have dealing w extreme nausea and vomiting for about 10 months now on a semi-regular basis. I tracked everything I put in my body, time of day it occurred, how long it occurred, etc. I was never able to come up w any pattern other than the majority of the time it occurred in the evenings or in the middle of the night. What is frustrating is that neither Phenergan nor Zofran help. OTC Ematrol helps, but only if my only symptom is nausea. I am current prescribed Prilosec and Nexium, and am scheduled for an endoscopy. So, I know exactly how you feel. It's absolutely miserable.

I feel for you. I have an endoscopy and sigmoidoscopy scheduled in January. Not looking forward to that. It must be frustrating to be woken up by such exhausting symptoms. Now you're anxious and sleep deprived. I hope they can find something to help you.