PDA

View Full Version : new and not sure what to say

MillieH
11-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Hello, my name I Millie, and I struggle with anxiety and depression. I'm not entirely sure what to say here, I feel awkward. I guess what I'm hoping to get from this site is a support group type feel. Thre aren't many people that or places where I feel comfortable talking about my depression because I worry about sounding like I complain a lot, or that I am burdening others with my problems. I just don't want to feel alone anymore.

alankay
11-30-2012, 08:25 PM
No worries. We "get it" here. Welcome!! Alankay

alankay
11-30-2012, 08:26 PM
You will NOT be burdening us in any way. Alankay

MillieH
11-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Thank you. It's appreciated. My panic attacks have gotten worse lately and it's nice to know that there's an outlet.

alankay
11-30-2012, 08:54 PM
We understand.

MillieH
11-30-2012, 09:02 PM
I began seeing a psychiatrist last year and was put on medication. It was working really well, I remember realizing it was the 1st thanksgiving I was able to sit at the table and talk with my boyfriends family without having an attack. But then it went generic and I had a bad reaction, very dark suicidal thoughts, so I went back on the name brand but it is no longer covered by my insurance and is very expensive.

alankay
11-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Boy. What med is it? Alankay

MillieH
11-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Lexapro. 2 weeks after they switched me to the generic I broke down, over a take out order gone wrong no less, so pathetic. But I couldn't stop crying, which my former US Marine boyfriend doesn't understand (he has a just get over it attitude). I began fantasizing about suicide, the details of which I'd rather not go into. That was my "Oh S%$t" moment.

ilovejake
12-01-2012, 06:14 PM
You are not alone! All these other people on here are here to support you.

alankay
12-01-2012, 06:20 PM
If lexapro helped that much, consider celexa as it's lexapro's chemical brother. You may get lucky and have a similiar result as brand lexapro. Just a thought. PM me any time. Alankay

SunnieDebris
12-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Welcome, Millie! There are a lot of great people on here, as you can see. I wish you well and hope you find the answers that you seek.

star1234
12-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Welcome! Know your not alone. Don't give up keep trying Meds till you find the right one.

hellopleasedtomeeyou
12-01-2012, 08:00 PM
hey Millie! first of all, you are not alone. We are all in this together. Also, you seem really nice and you deserve to lead a good life, so I hope your are able to get better and live life to the fullest. hang in there and don't be afraid to share things around here. We are all very understanding and compassionate.

MillieH
12-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Thank you, I appreciate that. It's been a hard year. I just had to borrow money to pay for my medication. I want to begin talk therapy again but have to get my finances in order first.