PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety cause tingling in hands and feet?

jazzmynn
04-27-2007, 10:39 AM
I am under a lot of stress, my husband has been sick with a heart condition.
I just have started noticing that I am having tingling in my hands and more infrequently, my feet.

Does this sound familiar?

V for Victor
04-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Yep, very familiar.

Tingling, tickling, and burning sensations on the skin is very normal with anxiety.

scatmantom
04-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Hi

I have also experienced this. Like V said, its very common for anxiety sufferers

txmom
04-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Yes, I get this tingling too.
I always assumed it was from breathing to shallowly (when I'm panicking) and hyperventilating.
If I focus on taking deep breaths, it helps, although does not alleviate the sensation altogether.
I hate that tingling. It makes me scared I'm going to pass out, although i never have.

Sail_a_wai
05-02-2007, 06:51 AM
Mine is more like being scalded and it is everywhere - anyone have it this bad.

James

JimmyB
05-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Not scalding but I have had it where you feel a bit warm and 'buzzy' in the think of it.

guy_lafleur23
05-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Tingling is very common. In my case, i could be laying on the couch just relaxing and all of a sudden, my heart flutters and I get aggressive anxiety right away, it comes so fast that i feel a tingling sensation start at my elbows and travel down to my finger tips and my toes. I then feel a bit of panic but try to control it by rubbing my hands together and massaging my own neck. Just realize that your not alone. But be strong because we all deal with this together.