PDA

View Full Version : Digestive Problems

1Laticia
11-30-2012, 07:12 AM
I feel like my digestive system has been out of wack lately. Like burping alot and having this gassy feeling in my upper stomach and gas in chest. It worries me!

dazza
11-30-2012, 07:34 AM
I imagine it also worries those who sit near you :-D

kzac
11-30-2012, 10:57 AM
I suffer with ibs and my anxiety really affects it and the of course makes me worry more vicious cycle!

jessed03
12-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Hey,

Do you over breathe? I noticed this happened to me ALL the time when I was in the midst of my anxiety disorder. I was breathing in so deeply all the time. I always had a gargling, acidy feeling in my body.

If this applies to you, and you notice you're doing the same, try breathing ONLY through nose, never mouth, see if this helps a bit.

As your anxiety goes, no matter how bad this is, it will reduce (assuming no major health ailment is causing it), so try to remain pretty zen about managing it, until life gets back in balance.

Be well Laticia :)

1Laticia
12-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks @Jessed03, I experience this acidic feel in my stomach alot and also find myself burping almost constantly, whether I really have to burp or Im making myself burp.

12-01-2012, 03:09 PM
I constantly throw up and sometimes have diarrhea. I haven't talked to many that have this during an attack also but please tell me if you figure it out.

SunnieDebris
12-01-2012, 04:59 PM
I suffer with ibs and my anxiety really affects it and the of course makes me worry more vicious cycle!

I also have IBS and anxiety, but I also have fibromyalgia, and I always thought the IBS was connected to that. Hmm, something to think about.

12-02-2012, 10:50 AM
I know that when I start to have a IB/GERD symptom I start to antic that I won't make it to a bathroom, won't make the car ride to school/work etc. once it starts happening it feeds my fear and my stomach is already irritated so I have associated panic with my bowel problems. I don't even go to eat with anyone because I don't want to be sick. Digestive issue most certainly can quickly control your life. If you need someone who can relate, pm me anytime.

nf1234
12-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Have you tried taking probiotics? I hear they work wonders for digestive problems and some even report a reduction in anxiety!

SunnieDebris
12-02-2012, 03:46 PM
I know that when I start to have a IB/GERD symptom I start to antic that I won't make it to a bathroom, won't make the car ride to school/work etc. once it starts happening it feeds my fear and my stomach is already irritated so I have associated panic with my bowel problems. I don't even go to eat with anyone because I don't want to be sick. Digestive issue most certainly can quickly control your life. If you need someone who can relate, pm me anytime.

I totally identify with this statement. And yes, it controls your life. I actually got in trouble at work for taking too many bathroom breaks.

MeToo
12-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Does the problem respond to antacids at all? What could be happening is that the anxiety disrupts the normal workings of your Lower esophageal sphinctoer which then causes acid to reflux back into the esophagus, if you can somehow remove the anxiety that would then lower the reflux. Also try raising the head of the bed and not eating within a few hours of going to bed.

12-03-2012, 09:21 AM
I have suffered with GERD for years. I am on five medicines or it and antacids don't touch it on a good day. I'm on a strict diet and the head of my bed is constantly raised. The doctors can't figure out how to control it.

vanessac
12-03-2012, 09:36 AM
I have terrible digestive problems whenever i eat or drink. its almost like stuck wind in my chest which makes me feel nauseas and can be scary too. I have true zantac and gascon but neither have really helped, I've been told that meds will not help I just have to relax!.

indiana
12-03-2012, 09:59 AM
I imagine it also worries those who sit near you :-D

Another tactless and out of place remark from Dazza.
People getting annoyed with his strange humour does not seem to bother him at all.
Why is this person on this forum (all the time) making fun of people and not even caring.

sunnythinks
12-03-2012, 10:01 AM
I, too, have horrible digestive problems. Sometimes I'll have constipation and horrible bouts of diarrhea in the same day. Other times, I'll feel very sick after eating, or the thought of eating will bug me because I don't want to feel sick. Or, like, today, I'll wake up feeling very bloated and with a mildly upset stomach.

I think what bothers me is that I can't tell the difference between what is caused by anxiety and what could be a stomach virus or food poisoning...I am very scared of stomach viruses, they're horrible!!