PDA

View Full Version : No one has EVER experienced this but me???

NativeLady_2010
11-30-2012, 03:12 AM
I have asked a few ppl and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. Here goes... Sometimes after a horrible panic attack that happens at nite I bite the sides of my tongue in my sleep. I have had bad attacks and then manage to fall asleep, then the next morning all my muscles are sore, like I was tensing them all nite, and the side of my tounge are purple and swollen. I've even had my teeth marks in the sides of them. I'm afraid to tell the dr because she might think I'm crazy. Anyone know what this is??? And why don't I wake myself up when I'm chewing on my tounge? It creates even more anxiety.

anxiousmal
11-30-2012, 03:42 AM
I believe it's called Bruxism. Check Wikipedia for it and it may shed some light on this. I'm no doctor but I dont think your crazy, but Bruxism may explain it.

I would definatly advise seeing a doctor if it's causing you problems or anxiety. But I'm certain your not crazy.

AceParadox
11-30-2012, 04:54 AM
I bite my tongue sometimes in my sleep. I have this thingy where I grind my teeth while sleeping, had it for years even before anxiety. Sometimes I guess my tongue just gets in the way and bam. Hurts like a mofo.

dazza
11-30-2012, 12:40 PM
OOOOCH!

I think you need to wear a gum shield!

agraves911
11-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Maybe you grind your teeth, you can get a mouth guard for that. I used to have one

Manpie
12-01-2012, 06:57 AM
You're not the only one who this has happened to !