PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new

hanney_boo
11-29-2012, 09:21 PM
I've been struggling with anxiety for years but its just recently gotten much worse. Losing sleep, loss of appetite, constantly worrying about every detail of my life. I don't know what to do. I'm in college and I'm a nanny but will possibly be losing my job at the end of January because they cannot accommodate my school days. I'm scared to death I just don't know what to do anymore. It effecting my relationships and even my family doesn't know what to do with me anymore. I feel like I can't cope with life anymore. I'm constantly taking Xanax to sleep and will be going to the doctor soon to see if I can get on something more regular. I'm so sick of these panic attacks I just want to enjoy life again.

trinidiva
11-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Sounds very familiar. You should try writing down everything that is stressing you out, and next to that, what you can do to resolve the issue.
There is an excellent workbook that I bought on amazon that walks you through how to deal with all your stressors by using something called Mindfulness. I am out right now, but when I get home, I will send you the name of the book, it is very helpful.

sunnythinks
11-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Sounds very familiar. You should try writing down everything that is stressing you out, and next to that, what you can do to resolve the issue.
There is an excellent workbook that I bought on amazon that walks you through how to deal with all your stressors by using something called Mindfulness. I am out right now, but when I get home, I will send you the name of the book, it is very helpful.

I second the suggestion to write down what is stressing you out. I've come to find it really helps me. I spend so much time wondering if I'm going crazy that getting the thoughts out on paper helps me cope; I write whenever I get a chance and pour my heart out.

natuhhleee
11-30-2012, 05:46 PM
I've been struggling with anxiety for years but its just recently gotten much worse. Losing sleep, loss of appetite, constantly worrying about every detail of my life. I don't know what to do. I'm in college and I'm a nanny but will possibly be losing my job at the end of January because they cannot accommodate my school days. I'm scared to death I just don't know what to do anymore. It effecting my relationships and even my family doesn't know what to do with me anymore. I feel like I can't cope with life anymore. I'm constantly taking Xanax to sleep and will be going to the doctor soon to see if I can get on something more regular. I'm so sick of these panic attacks I just want to enjoy life again.

I am going to try to get on Xanax due to my panic attacks at night. Im was started on something regular a weeks ago (celexa) and even though they say it takes 4-6 weeks, I already feel that a heavy burden if all day panic is gone. But it's like clockwork it my body, as soon as 1-2am rolls around I get a panic attack. But last night I conquered my first panic attack, I was so proud, I got out of bed and went to a place where I'm comfortable, made some calming tea and simply told myself that I AM IN CONTROL. I kept saying this to myself and when the feelings subsided I felt so powerful.

When you are feeling anxiety or panic come on, try a self motivation exercise. While it may not work until you practiced it enough, a little bit goes a long way.

buddaboy
11-30-2012, 06:59 PM
I am going to try to get on Xanax due to my panic attacks at night. Im was started on something regular a weeks ago (celexa) and even though they say it takes 4-6 weeks, I already feel that a heavy burden if all day panic is gone. But it's like clockwork it my body, as soon as 1-2am rolls around I get a panic attack. But last night I conquered my first panic attack, I was so proud, I got out of bed and went to a place where I'm comfortable, made some calming tea and simply told myself that I AM IN CONTROL. I kept saying this to myself and when the feelings subsided I felt so powerful.

When you are feeling anxiety or panic come on, try a self motivation exercise. While it may not work until you practiced it enough, a little bit goes a long way.

Awesome [LIKE] I'm going to try that

trinidiva
11-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Hey, the name of that book is The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety.