PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks at night

jfletch
11-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi all... I suffer from panic and anxiety which has been horrible lately. For the last week and a half I have been waking up out of nowhere at night with horrible panic attacks. This has been happening every night around the same time (1-130am). It is like my brain has been trained to do this. Is this possible? It is such a horrible feeling. I am getting only 3 hrs of sleep a night if even that. Does this happen or has this happened to anyone else?

rcohn20
11-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi all... I suffer from panic and anxiety which has been horrible lately. For the last week and a half I have been waking up out of nowhere at night with horrible panic attacks. This has been happening every night around the same time (1-130am). It is like my brain has been trained to do this. Is this possible? It is such a horrible feeling. I am getting only 3 hrs of sleep a night if even that. Does this happen or has this happened to anyone else?

I've had the same thing...but in the morning...6am on the dot ill wake up shaking and my stomach acts up. I'm going through it now...I know it's anxiety and I hate it. I'm actually seeing my doctor this weekend to get put back on medication. You should definitely go to a doctor as well because you need to sleep-it's essential to your health.

jfletch
11-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks for replying. I am sorry u are going through this too. It sucks the life out of you. I also have an appt in two weeks. I can't handle it alone 2 weeks just seems so far away. Do u know wat is causing yours?

natuhhleee
11-30-2012, 02:55 AM
I'm so sorry. I wish I knew techniques but I am just as lost. My panic is the worst early morning and late night. Yesterday i woke up sweaty and shakey at 1am, had a complete meltdown and only got two hours of sleep. And I'm alone at night which was worse. I talked to my mom for four hours to distract me :/

I would give near anything to feel how a normal person feels every day.

NativeLady_2010
11-30-2012, 03:14 AM
I had the same thing! All through this past January after the loss of my grandmother. I would just expect it after awhile. It REALLY does pass. It's all stress. Look up "nocturnal panic attacks". Hope it gets better.

bee0907
11-30-2012, 03:54 AM
I have the same too and unfortunately people around me don't understand what I'm talking or feeling about ....

AceParadox
11-30-2012, 04:53 AM
My panic attacks in the night were brought on by nightmares I had. Because the dreams made that fearful situation feel so real, it was enough to convince my body it was happening thus the panic set in. Luckily, doesn't happen anymore. Do you get nightmares with them? Or is it just "Dreaming of happiness...*wakes up* oh shet oh shet..oh shet."?

jfletch
11-30-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't have nightmares or bad dreams. As far as i know I am sleeping peacefully. It would just be nice to live without panic. I am going to try the sleep time tea and see if that makes a difference.