PDA

View Full Version : I cant cheer up

defmunel
11-29-2012, 05:31 PM
I was diagnosed yesterday with orthostatic intolerance. I'm devastated. I've had it for years, but it's been worse since I became pregnant. I'm hardly coping. Wallowing in my own self pity. I'm afraid to walk or stand because it makes my heart race in the 120's. I have no arrythmias. I'm just so so scared about it all. If I didn't fear what I had, I'd still be able to have a productive day. I'm not really debilitated by it. It's just the feeling of my hr that keeps me in bed all day, dwelling on my diagnosis, becoming depressed. I don't know how to break this cycle! Any advice? Please, I need to know I can walk around and be ok!

trinidiva
11-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Aww...cheer up!!! I know just the feeling must be a bit uncomfortable, but just try taking baby steps...and don't be too hard on yourself for not being as productive as you'd like to be. Just watch plenty of The Baby Story on TLC and take it easy..you will have your hands full soon enough

flower4
11-30-2012, 01:02 PM
You could try reading a positive quote from the Internet or download an app on your mobile. Throughout the day when your feeling low think of the quote of the day you have read. :)