PDA

View Full Version : Heart racing?

rcohn20
11-28-2012, 09:26 PM
My anxiety makes my heart pound-even when I'm trying to relax! Can anyone recommend ways to make this stop?

Ktp21
11-29-2012, 12:01 AM
I know just how you feel, and if you're like me do you feel like your heart beats a little funny at times too? Just try to breathe and tell yourself you're going to be okay and that you will get through it. :)

angieproc1977
11-29-2012, 01:13 AM
I get this too I get the flutters and the really fast heartbeat too it's my worse symptom I feel sure my heart is going t stop at any moment, when it happens I sometimes get a massive adrenaline rush and I have to pace around it kind of takes my mind off the pounding heart too cos as I'm walking fast I can't feel it as much, it's scary x

dazza
11-29-2012, 02:33 AM
Ask your doctor.

Knowing you have anxiety disorder - they usually prescribe beta-blockers in the first instance. Proproponol being the most popular.
Beta-blockers reduce adrenalin production and generally lower your heart rate.

Of course, relying on medication is OK for while, but we need to try and address the actual problem(s).

The issue us anxious folk have is that we're particularly vulnerable to stress / worries and thoughts. Our brains are wired such that they're unable to process / rationalize properly, and the stress / worry / thought jumps straight from INPUT to PANIC, with no processing inbetween.

It is through the steps you take to get better that you re-build and re-wire the rationality part of your grey matter and once again become a normal, calm and collected person again.

Therapy / meds / natural supplements / natural calming aids / breathing exercises / actual exercise / time out to chill / meditation / eat healthy / live healthy / remove the stresses or approach them in a more logical fashion / good quality sleep etc. are all priceless items of armoury for this difficult battle. You just have to experiment / work through them in order to regain your calm.

natuhhleee
11-29-2012, 02:42 AM
I get it too, when I generally have nothing NOTHING to be worrying about. It's ridiculous. Sometimes I get a cold, tingling sensation or a hot burning sensation and sometimes the mix of two. If you know it's just anxiety, you can reassure yourself by saying that.
Me on the other hand, being the worrier I am, am having a full cardio examination soon to be sure.

dazza
11-29-2012, 03:12 AM
I know just how you feel, and if you're like me do you feel like your heart beats a little funny at times too? Just try to breathe and tell yourself you're going to be okay and that you will get through it. :)

Kt - what do you mean by "funny"?

Skipped (eptopic) beats? rythm changes? rate changes? sluggish sensation? an overall exaggerated feeling (like the heart is beating HARD, not necessarily fast but HARD)?

Do share...