PDA

View Full Version : Got a diagnosis!

defmunel
11-28-2012, 04:52 PM
I finally got a diagnosis today! Orthostatic hypotension! We still have to rule out pots, but we're leaning towards the former. It's basically that my blood pools at my feet, and the veins in my legs don't constrict, so my heart has to beat harder in order to compensate. Its an autoimmune disorder. Beta blockers will help control the hr, but since I'm pregnant doc
Is leery of me taking them. I am scheduled to see my cardiologist in 2 weeks for further testing. I'm grateful for a diagnosis, and now need to work on the anxiety that has built up because of the constant worry. Doc is also testing all of my hormones. Adrenals, cortisol.... That should give answers as to whether its a hormonal imbalance. Wish me luck!

dazza
11-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Excellent start!

You know, along with anxiety - I reckon most the forum members do actually have something physically wrong with them. Not necessarily serious, just something that sparks off the "what if's"

The anxiety disorder masks it.

We must be vigilent and not immediately blame EVERYTHING on anxiety!

defmunel
11-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Thanks Dazza. Having a diagnosis is only partly comforting. Now it's working through the disorder so I can function in life. Now, it's very true that my pregnancy is making my symptoms worse. Not sure if that will continue after birth or not. I'm hopeful things will improve. I always knew it was more than anxiety. My gut feeling told me so. I was willing to track, and log so the diagnosis was simple to make!