PDA

View Full Version : Going to the dr, adrenaline rush

defmunel
11-28-2012, 06:03 AM
I've been trying to pinpoint as to why my heart RACES in the mornings, daytime...but in the evening is totally fine. It mostly races when standing, however, the hr is more on the high end sitting too. I notice that when I'm in the process of waking up in the mornings, and I'm still in a dreamy state, but yet somewhat aware of my surroundings, that I feel major adrenaline rushes throughout my body. This in turn elevates my hr. I can feel it. Doesn't explain the standing hr but I have a feeing its all contributing. Thoughts?

dazza
11-28-2012, 07:05 AM
I've been trying to pinpoint as to why my heart RACES in the mornings, daytime...but in the evening is totally fine. It mostly races when standing, however, the hr is more on the high end sitting too. I notice that when I'm in the process of waking up in the mornings, and I'm still in a dreamy state, but yet somewhat aware of my surroundings, that I feel major adrenaline rushes throughout my body. This in turn elevates my hr. I can feel it. Doesn't explain the standing hr but I have a feeing its all contributing. Thoughts?

I find it odd how people experience such things as soon as they wake.

I'm completely calm and in fact LOVE the first 15/30 minutes of waking up, since my body and brain is relaxed/shutdown from the night's sleep.
I start to feel various symptoms around an hour later... when I'm flying around the frickin' house getting ready for work.

How do you KNOW it's an adrenalin rush? describe how it feels.

As for the fast h/r on stand up, this would otherwise be indicative of a very poor condition heart (I'm not saying it is in your case... I'm just saying).
Most h/r will increase somewhat on the transition from sitting to standing.

Maybe yours is completely mind-driven, in that because you expect / fear it... you're already thinking about it when you stand and this in turn makes it happen.
Perhaps it's not even that fast at all... maybe you're just too focused on it.

As always - see what the doc. thinks.

defmunel
11-28-2012, 07:25 AM
Well, the adrenaline rush feels like nervousness all throughout my body. It just rushes down. I decided to get out if bed as soon as I felt it, instead of laying there dwelling on it. And then I checked my hr standing, and it wasn't super elevated. I know my hr is elevated because I check it, and log it for my dr. Im going to the dr today.

dazza
11-28-2012, 08:59 AM
Let us know how it goes with doc!

I'm inclined to say that it could be because of whacky nerves or hormones!

defmunel
11-28-2012, 12:06 PM
On the contrary. My bp never falls. Always stays the same.

defmunel
11-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Yes, it's called a tilt table test. However, with that test your bp consistently would stay low until you pass out I never feel lightheaded or dizzy. I just do it the poor mans way. Sit, take my bp, stand, take my Bp

defmunel
11-28-2012, 12:36 PM
It's always been this way. And yes, I am a very anxious person.

dazza
11-28-2012, 04:50 PM
SO... what did the doctor say?