PDA

View Full Version : Update, sickness and panic attacks.

natuhhleee
11-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Having anxiety disorder can make you sick. All of the time. I went to the hospital yesterday with a fever of 100. Not much but the previous night I had been shaking and shivering and it was so bad.

My doctor saw that I have anxiety, and told me that having panic and anxiety attacks so frequently can physically exhaust you and run down your immune system. Awesome. He prescribed me celexa. Has anyone ever used this drug and had it work okay? It's my second day on it and all I feel is extremely irritable, tired, and nauteous.

jfs
11-27-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't take it but my Mom says her doc put her on it for general anxiety. She said the first 10 days were tough because she felt super tired. She stuck with it though and says it makes her feel good. She didn't have any panic attacks or get sick over anxiety she just had a full plate of life and was having some difficulty dealing with it. I always try to give meds a couple weeks to work before I rule them out. I currently take only Xanax .5 MG as needed which is usually 1 or 2 in a day tops, probably 4 or 5 days a week. Good luck, and stick with it for a bit and the side effects should chill out.

stjlynn
11-28-2012, 10:50 AM
I was on it for a few months, didn't have ba side effects just didn't do it for me. I think all of these pills make u tired at first