PDA

View Full Version : Medication

cat eyes
11-27-2012, 04:53 PM
My cardiologist switched me from bystolic to benicar because I have hypo trophy. Any feedback?

alankay
11-27-2012, 05:06 PM
I don't think that will do much for anxiety except lower you pulse and maybe keep your heart from racing but that's a good question for your pharmacist. I have found they love to answer such questions as they have so much training on meds and how you body reacts to them that they don't get to use as much as they'd like. Actually I think that's one of the best resources most people don't use. Most pharmacists these days are Doctors of Pharmacy so pick their brains.:) Alankay

cat eyes
11-27-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't think that will do much for anxiety except lower you pulse and maybe keep your heart from racing but that's a good question for your pharmacist. I have found they love to answer such questions as they have so much training on meds and how you body reacts to them that they don't get to use as much as they'd like. Actually I think that's one of the best resources most people don't use. Most pharmacists these days are Doctors of Pharmacy so pick their brains.:) Alankay

Why the bystolic helps your anxiety? By doing what?

Chiliphil1
11-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Bystolic is a beta blocker, it lowers your blood pressure and pulse rate.

Beta blockers also help to control the physical symptoms of anxiety, the shaking, pounding hearts, and in alot of cases the panic attacks as well.

I am on the generic version of it, and it does seem to help, it got my bp under control and my pulse rate is now around 48bpm. I have noticed a huge reduction in my panic attacks and many of the physical symptoms, the only thing about it is that it does not help with the mental symptoms, you can still worry and feel anxious but it makes a big difference. That combined with an snri really turned me around.

cat eyes
11-28-2012, 03:20 AM
Bystolic is a beta blocker, it lowers your blood pressure and pulse rate.

Beta blockers also help to control the physical symptoms of anxiety, the shaking, pounding hearts, and in alot of cases the panic attacks as well.

I am on the generic version of it, and it does seem to help, it got my bp under control and my pulse rate is now around 48bpm. I have noticed a huge reduction in my panic attacks and many of the physical symptoms, the only thing about it is that it does not help with the mental symptoms, you can still worry and feel anxious but it makes a big difference. That combined with an snri really turned me around.

I am also on celexa. My dr just took me off bystolic and put me on benicar because it will help with the thickness in my heart due to the bp.