PDA

View Full Version : shaky hands affecting my job!!

Britney
11-27-2012, 03:02 AM
Please take the time to read this. I was hoping that someone could help me with a problem I have been having. I have been having panic attacks for years but have it mainly under control. I know they won't kill me and it's my body causing the symptoms. I am a beauty therapist and a year ago I was doing an eyebrow wax and suddenly felt really nervous and panic.my hands were shaking uncontrollable and I had to leave an get another girl to finish. I had such fear of waxing clients after this that I left the industry and began working in a cafe. I moved to a new city recently and decided I would go back to beauty again. I got a casual job in a spa with no waxing and then last week I had a client for a nail paint (paints I have done plenty of in years previous). Same thing happened and hands began shaking. I feel like I have lost all my confidence. I had an interview for a full time position today that I know I will love in a new spa but it requires some waxing. I have to go back Thursday for a trial doing a massage and some waxing. I just want my confidence back and control my shaking hand when nervous.it's so embarressing and I do love my job. Has anyone experienced this in their job? How did you overcome it? Thank you for any replies. Would love to go back to normal the way I was before panic attacks began in my life.

alankay
11-27-2012, 04:56 AM
Ask your GP about propranolol 20-40 mg. Works great for shaking and tremor as well as racing heart. PM me any time. Alankay

dazza
11-27-2012, 06:07 AM
I recommend avoiding back, sack and cracks for now!! OOOOOOCH!

Proproponol is certainly worth a try, however I guarantee that it won't stop or prevent a panic for those who suffer severe levels of anxiety and panic.
It only seems effective for low to mid levels.

Have you had your thyroid checked? a tel-tale sign of overactive thyroid is shaky hands.

It could be that maybe a mild dose of a benzo would be the way to go? Like half a valium a day to keep the shakes at bay!

Speak to your doctor - see what they say, but moreover, you need to look at methods of reducing your anxiety. Beit medication, therapy, meditation or whatever, but you need to make a start sooner rather than later.

alankay
11-27-2012, 07:20 AM
Yeah propranolol won't help psychic anxiety(it's not for that) but it's great for the physical symptoms like shaking and tremor. Used it for years now. Atenolol is best for just a racing heart but propranol is good for both as it a non selective beta blocker. It's commonly used by actors and musicians for shaking hand or voice. Works for me for interviews, presentations, etc. Ask you doc about it. Alankay.