PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay To take multiple Antidepressants ?

Amr
11-26-2012, 02:48 AM
Hello i suffer from Major depression and Anxiety and this is my first time to take any pills and am 18

My Doctor prescribed for me 3 antidepressants Which is Faverine 50 mg , Ludiomil 10 mg and Lexotanil 1.5 mg
I have always hated Pills and scared of them. i just want to know is it okay to take these 3 pills together am really terrified and scared
am supposed to take 1/2 a pill of faverine each morning and 1/4 pill of lexomanil morning and night for 4 days and as for ludiomil i will gradually increase the dosage first 4 days 1/4 pill then next two days 1/2 of a pill and next two days 3/4 then 1 pill for the rest days.

Does this sound right ? or safe ?

please Help and give me your advice and knowledge.

alankay
11-26-2012, 05:54 AM
Lexomanil is a benzo(antianxiety) but this sounds like it's being done by a psychiatrist so would say you're fine. This type of poly pharmacy is always done for a reason and usually short term for anxiety/depression that has not responded to monotherapy(one drug). Trust the doc especially if he's a psychiatrist. Make sure you keep in touch with him if you happen to have any kind of bad side effects but bet you'll be OK Alankay.

Amr
11-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Lexomanil is a benzo(antianxiety) but this sounds like it's being done by a psychiatrist so would say you're fine. This type of poly pharmacy is always done for a reason and usually short term for anxiety/depression that has not responded to monotherapy(one drug). Trust the doc especially if he's a psychiatrist. Make sure you keep in touch with him if you happen to have any kind of bad side effects but bet you'll be OK Alankay.

I Really hope i will be fine. i just want the meds to work fast and with minimum side effects. Thanks

alankay
11-26-2012, 02:50 PM
The benzo will work quickly but the AD will take some time but be better in the long run. Alankay

tmdarling
12-01-2012, 02:53 PM
You will be fine. Doctor is starting the long term med at lose dose to watch for side effects if any and introducing the benzo in small amounts to not make you feel "drugged". You should feel a whole lot better in a couple days. Hang in there.