PDA

View Full Version : Help me

Ashley Paige Helton
11-25-2012, 05:16 AM
My husband and I are fighting a lot, even right now. We've only been married a few months. He's insensitive to my anxiety and depression. We live with his parents and it's been really hard on me. Now he wants to be on this crazy sleeping schedule that not only prevents me from making any noise at all while I'm awake, but I can't even leave the room without him. I hate it here. It's driving me back to this crazy place where I just want to end it all. I feel as though I'm meant to be alone forever. There's nobody out here for me. I have nobody. I don't even have friends. I hate everything about my life. What am I suppose to do when I'm this far down, it's like nothing can pick me up? My husband just keeps "telling me how it is" and if I don't like to "go live with my mother." Really? Maybe that's where I belong, around people who actually give a crap about me? His parents don't even think anxiety is a real thing.

EDIT: He just ended things with me.

natuhhleee
11-25-2012, 07:01 AM
I'll be a friend. Although my husband is the only solid person in my life, he is in the military and gone a lot. He is sensitive to my extreme anxiety but he can't relate so he never knows what to do. I am very alone, all the time. I live over seas thousands of miles and 16 hours ahead of all family and friends. Depression and anxiety mixed is the worst,

Do what's best for you. Take a breath, and make a mental list of what is best for you and what is worst. After you've calmed, act on what is best, if that is leaving him and going to be with your family who loves and cares about you then so be it. You deserve the best and you know you deserve proper love and to feel happy.

I'm here if you need someone. (-:

-Natalie

alankay
11-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Ashley, he is not the guy for you. Start out with your Mom if needed and begin a new life. Alankay

mw0929
11-25-2012, 08:14 AM
My husband and I are fighting a lot, even right now. We've only been married a few months. He's insensitive to my anxiety and depression. We live with his parents and it's been really hard on me. Now he wants to be on this crazy sleeping schedule that not only prevents me from making any noise at all while I'm awake, but I can't even leave the room without him. I hate it here. It's driving me back to this crazy place where I just want to end it all. I feel as though I'm meant to be alone forever. There's nobody out here for me. I have nobody. I don't even have friends. I hate everything about my life. What am I suppose to do when I'm this far down, it's like nothing can pick me up? My husband just keeps "telling me how it is" and if I don't like to "go live with my mother." Really? Maybe that's where I belong, around people who actually give a crap about me? His parents don't even think anxiety is a real thing.

EDIT: He just ended things with me.

Sounds like being without him and his parents will only make you better. The last thing you need is people bringing you down and questioning your anxiety. Stay strong!

lsapphirel
11-25-2012, 10:13 AM
If things cant be fixed, you can either ignore or throw it away. Should you ignore, you need to be really selfish, as in its all about you and only you which also means, you cant give a shit about stuffs. Should you throw, you must live and face it and most importantly, do not fall back, do not ever look back. Should you choose to fix it, you need a lot of patience and start small in trying to fix, bring him along for your doc visits and get him involve but i do hve to tell you this, non anxiety sufferers will never be able to understand, because it is very different reading them symptoms and having them. We are more sensitive to every tinge of movement. I would advice you to focus on you than anyone else at this point. Maybe take time away fron stressful surroundings? Just dont turn it into fear. When youre feeling better, maybe come back and deal with it. I believe in preparation for front battle. Meaning, you need to unstress the body for the mind to function better.

dazza
11-25-2012, 04:56 PM
He sounds like a prize A-hole to me.

You know, sometimes you're actually better off on your own - as with this case.

Sigur
11-25-2012, 07:55 PM
You need someone who will support you, the worst thing is when somebody doesn't believe your anxiety is real! It really sounds like you need to be with your family now to help you get back on your feet. Remember, no one should live their life through their partner. You can learn to be strong and happy on your own - eventually you will meet someone to enjoy the ride with you. And if you don't, it shouldn't matter, because you will feel proud knowing you lived your life to the full. I understand how hard it is sometimes, everyone here does. But you must believe you are never alone, and its surprising what people can pull through when you put your mind to it :)

SunnieDebris
11-25-2012, 08:12 PM
I agree with everyone else. It might be rough, but you are much better off without that albatross.

What can we do to support you right now?

Sunnie

lsapphirel
11-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Most importantly, you must do it for you.