PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had a heart reset?

nicole123x
11-24-2012, 10:50 AM
When people have been taken to the emergency room after ringing an ambulance when having a panick attack, has anyone had their heart reset when it's racing? It resets it and brings it back to normal pace ?

dazza
11-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Heart resets won't be performed on patients having a panic attack.
It is quite a drastic procedure that will only be performed on a patient who has a genuine heart rythm disorder - such as atrial fibrillation.

Why? were you thinking of asking for one next time!!??

nicole123x
11-24-2012, 12:08 PM
The first ever panick attack I had about 5 months ago when nobody knew what was going on, not even the hospital doctors knew! I got put into the side room and the doctors thought it was SVT, I tried holding my breath to try and blow into this little tube to stop the 'svt' but my heart rate was still 150 odd, the doctor then told me that he will put a solution in my hand that will 'reset my heart' it will stop it and then put it back into it's normal rhythm. I said no to this cause I knew myself that it was only a anxiety attack! But anyway they put the solution into my hand but it didn't work, I only got a huge horrible pain in my chest but it Didn't reset my heart, then they said it is prob just a anxiety attack! I've had ECGs since then and just had my 24 hour results back all clear... I was just thinking that solution wouldn't of harmed my heart by any chance would it? All my ecgs like I've just said have been taken after this happened and are all clear!??

dazza
11-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Why do you suspect you still have a problem?

nicole123x
11-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Because my anxiety is very bad, and I just think I have something drastically wrong with me!
But honestly, I know deep at the back of my head that it is all anxiety.
But sometimes it's really hard to take on board. Well most days!
I hate feeling this way, I just always like to have reassurance off people. It's really embarrassing for me posting 24/7 but my anxiety is alway at its highest :(

jhunter89
11-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Go for a massive run and when you're still alive afterwards you know your ticker is ok ;) lol

dazza
11-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Nicole - you need to start seeking reassurance from yourself.
Until you do, you / your brain is always going to be seeking external reassurance, such as from this forum / a doctors or A&E visit and you'll NEVER get better.

A run is actually a very good idea!
You will feel elated afterward (I do after a game of squash)

You know, sitting at your laptop every night asking health related questions will be making you worse.
If you were out with friends doing normal 16 year old stuff then you wouldn't have time to worry about anything and everything. Seriously... this is great advice, if only you could act on it.

jhunter89
11-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Ooh squash, get you
Yeah get on that treadmill! Your heart will race but at least you'll know why!

nicole123x
11-24-2012, 01:08 PM
I honestly love the information you give, it also relaxes me.
All my ecgs have been perfectly fine, but I still worry and have this 'what if...' Feeling in my head :/ it's getting so hard for me! I wake up some mornings and cry before even opening my eyes because of what I'm goin through. I have friends in school but they never ask me to do anything with them I wouldn't really class them as friends but my boyfriend does his very best to help me take my mind off things but I am really findin it hard :(

jhunter89
11-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Feel well bad for you! I never used to worry about shit like that at 15! My biggest worry was not getting any alc at the weekend lol

Perhaps you would benefit from beta blockers if nothing else is working? I know you don't want to take pills forever but if it helped even just a tiny bit isn't it worth a shot?

nicole123x
11-24-2012, 01:29 PM
I don't really want to take any medication becausw I know myself it IS only anxiety I don't need tablets I CAN do it! I'm just finding it hard but hopefully ill get there in the end :(
All my school life I've been going out with my mates, going to parties, having fun, drinking etc i don't know what's brought this on but it's the worst thing ever ! I just constantly feel like I'm gunna die it's awful :'(

jhunter89
11-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Worried about gcses? lol

nicole123x
11-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Yes, I am worried but I've already sat about 6/10 of them, but I'm not worried about them. Well yes, I am worried incase I don't pass but it's nothing that drastically bothers me!!

nicole123x
11-24-2012, 01:57 PM
I've always had some kind of anxiety basically all my life, I never had pains until I had my panick attacks about 5-6 months ago. For example, when it was time to meet my boyfriends parents, I would be getting ready before I went and I'd come over all hot and dizzy and feel like I was going to faint! Also, when people talk to me that I don't know, as such as shop assistants at the till, i go very sweaty and dizzy! I've had this all my life but recently it's got worse! Much worse! I think I have health anxiety!

jhunter89
11-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Sounds like social anxiety with his new friend health anxiety. Just like me!

nicole123x
11-24-2012, 02:06 PM
I am also really shy! When someone speaks to me or tries a joke out on me I go very shy I just can't be myself around people it's strange.
I also get the skipped beats when I'm feeling anxious, or the PAUSE.. And then the BANG as it resets. But when I'm walking around town or in big crowd for example.. A fair, I get the skipped beats and flutters! I also won't go places on my own, I won't go into shops on my own lol etc it's weird but I definitely do worry about my heart big time

nicole123x
11-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Guys... Instead of posting again I thought i would ask you 2! I think I'm experiencing acid reflux
Earlier today I had a burning pain in my throat what lasted about 10 minutes, now I've came to bed I can't stop feeling like I have a lump in my throat that needs to come up! I've just drank a can of coke to bring it up and my burps where shocking! Keep feeling like I need to burp!

mw0929
11-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Guys... Instead of posting again I thought i would ask you 2! I think I'm experiencing acid reflux
Earlier today I had a burning pain in my throat what lasted about 10 minutes, now I've came to bed I can't stop feeling like I have a lump in my throat that needs to come up! I've just drank a can of coke to bring it up and my burps where shocking! Keep feeling like I need to burp!

I have had that exact feeling of a lump in my throat for about a month and it's finally going away. My doctor diagnosed me with acid reflux and put me on nexium. Thing is, that lump can also be a symptom of anxiety so you should get ot checked out. Acid reflux is nothing to ignore because serious damage can be done to your esophagus. Mine was damaged and it makes it difficult to eat.

nicole123x
11-24-2012, 03:27 PM
It feels like there's something there that I need to burp up and constantly burping ? Is this acid reflux? What can get it away without doctors attention? Does gaviscon work? Thanks so much

mw0929
11-24-2012, 03:51 PM
It feels like there's something there that I need to burp up and constantly burping ? Is this acid reflux? What can get it away without doctors attention? Does gaviscon work? Thanks so much

That is a symptom of acid reflux. Diet change, avoid citrus, caffeine, spicy foods, alcohol, soda, tomatoes.....the list goes on. I've never used gaviscon but antacids and pepto didn't work for me. Prilosec is over the counter and works like nexium.

nicole123x
11-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks very much ill go get these things tomorrow it's really annoying its causing me to pump quite a lot (if it's the same thing) and sometime today it's caused me a bit of chest tightness , and something movin from my chest up to my throat

jhunter89
11-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Trapped wind?

nicole123x
11-24-2012, 04:11 PM
That's what I thought it was but my throats burning! I can't go to sleep because it feels like something is stuck in my throat needed to be burped out! It's really annoying

jhunter89
11-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Maybe give the gaviscon a try

nicole123x
11-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Haven't got any :( ill go tomorrow and get some lol it's so annoying

mw0929
11-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks very much ill go get these things tomorrow it's really annoying its causing me to pump quite a lot (if it's the same thing) and sometime today it's caused me a bit of chest tightness , and something movin from my chest up to my throat

No prob! Hope it helps and you find some relief!

PanicCured
11-25-2012, 10:00 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I get my heart rate to 150 to over 160 beats per minute at the gym on purpose during interval sprints. When lifting heavy weights such as deadlifts and squats, I will get it between 120-140 beats per minute. This strengthens my heart, increases circulation, builds capillaries, strengthens my lungs, burns calories, and is extremely healthy. My resting heart rate is under 60 beats per minute, which is a sign of a healthy heart. I guess you found a way to do this without doing exercise. Maybe you can call this The Lazy Man's Exercise.