PDA

View Full Version : Upper Left Backpain.

Jinaiya
11-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Me again, with my never ending list of symptoms and worry. :(

Last night while I was laying down my left upper back suddenly started to burn (around my power shoulder blades). At first I just tried to adjust and relax but then came the flood of worry. "What if its heart related. :(

Today I can feel the pain in the back of my neck too. :(

Anyone else have this? I don't want to run to the doctor again. :(

Jinaiya
11-22-2012, 01:49 PM
*lower shoulder blades* not power. :)

Power sounds exciting though.

nicole123x
11-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Yes!!! This is one of my biggest anxiety symptoms, the back! It's awful pain

dazza
11-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Yes!!! This is one of my biggest anxiety symptoms, the back! It's awful pain

Whatever you have - guaranteed Nicole also has it! lol

nicole123x
11-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Whatever you have - guaranteed Nicole also has it! lol

And whatever people post on here, guaranteed Dazza has/had it before. Guess why?...
Because that's the whole roll of anxiety :)

vonnhelsing
11-22-2012, 02:28 PM
having major back pains today as well. right near my spine. so bad cause i cant reach there and massage it. blagghh

jhunter89
11-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Does anxiety cause the pain or do the pains cause the anxiety?
I'm very lucky I don't really get the pain part

Jinaiya
11-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Thank you both for replying. Glad I came back on because I started having chest pains so naturally I'm freaking out. I'm so thankful for these forums.

Dazza, you've become my favourite here. Sometimes your replies are not for the faint of but you keeps it real and always make me laugh. :)

Have a merry day you guys.

nicole123x
11-22-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm very lucky I don't really get the pain part

You don't get anxiety pains! Wow aren't you the lucky one here :(

jhunter89
11-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeh I'm sure if I did I'd probly freak out like you do

Jinaiya
11-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Jhunter:

This is an excellent question and one I have pondered often. I am certain most days that if I just didn't get a heart palpitation I'd be completely okay, but then I question why I've noticed the palpitation in the first place. Increased awareness because my body is out of whack. :/

Jinaiya
11-22-2012, 02:38 PM
You are lucky Jhunter! The only time I ever have full blown anxiety attacks is from physical symptoms. Without them, I'd just coast along feeling off but not having freak outs.

Example: perfectly collected watching a movie or playing video games.

*heart palpitation, chest pain, or racing heart occurs*

Instant panic.

jhunter89
11-22-2012, 02:42 PM
I did go through a few days of constant heart palpitations and thinking I was at deaths door and I truly feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with that on a daily basis!

Jinaiya
11-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Wow! How did you overcome it? I've been dealing with it for over a year now with no break. It's a daily part of my life.

Any secrets or did you just get lucky and happen to bypass that not so fun symptom?

jhunter89
11-22-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't know... It just went away. Keeping busy helped and when I noticed I didn't feel my heartbeat when I was distracted the better I felt. Laying down to sleep was the worst though! Luckily they haven't returned, I hope they pass for you too!

jhunter89
11-22-2012, 02:58 PM
You tried beta blockers? I think they help with palps/racy heart

Jinaiya
11-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Nah. I've been super against taking medications. Have only just started Zoloft an so far that's been less than pleasant.

Thanks for your replies. One day at a time. :)

dazza
11-22-2012, 03:10 PM

What normally happens is this:

1/ A normal (disorderless) person is heading for anxiety disorder because of either a/ an impending trauma or b/ accumulating stresses.

(For this example I'll use "accumulating stresses" as this is the most subtle and least obvious to the victim)

2/ The stresses eventually become overwhelming and hit danger level, which awakens our otherwise dormant fight or flight response.

3/ Fight or flight causes some bizarre & frightening, physical symptoms - such as chest pain and derealization.

4/ We wonder what the f*ck is happening.
As this is the first time we experience fight or flight we immediately conclude something fatal.

We panic - BIG TIME.

5/ The panic further escalates the symptoms & adds more. Our panic & fear grows.

6/ We're now posessed with fear which puts us in a state of constant anxiety / on the edge.

7/ Being on the edge and still haunted by the first panic attack, we're fearing it happening again so we're like a cat on hot bricks... with heightend awareness of every little twinge / twitch / pain in our bodies. We're highly tuned in.

So, now we're constantly anxious and any ordinary pain will cause concern / further anxiety and probably panic.
Panic will then cause further symptoms, increasing our anxiety level.

Pains / anxiety are cross-feeders. They feed eachother, therefore you cannot really say one occurs before the other.

However, it will be anxiety in the first place that catalysed the disorder.

jhunter89
11-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Isn't life a fucking bowl of cherries? lol