PDA

View Full Version : New!

sunshine19
11-20-2012, 07:13 PM
I am new to the group & just need to vent. I just want to know if anyone out there suffers from anxiety caused by the thought of throwing up? I have a violent fear of it, and I have no idea where my fear comes from. I obsess over this thought all day, everyday. I barely sleep & I don't ever eatZ I'm always freaking out. I have panic attacks every night. Anyone else?

stjlynn
11-20-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm not paranoid about throwing up... I think our anxiety is stemmed from our fears... I remember when I was about 13 I had a wicked fear of choking so I barely ate and when I did eat I would chew the hell out of my food( not very tasty) I know when I am stressed my anxiety is worse... Maybe start with things that are easy to digest and light maybe soup.. You can't starve yourself!!

drmills
11-21-2012, 12:53 AM
That sounds tough. This site is a wonderful resource for people supporting each other as a community of anxiety sufferers. Make sure sure to read some of the stickies about online resources and don't forget to seek professional psychological/psychiatric help in your local area. There are a lot of professionals who can help.