PDA

View Full Version : ionized calcium

vaio
04-22-2007, 03:12 AM
When you took blood tests, did you have problems with ionized calcium and/or iron levels? For me and some other cases there seems to be a connection between this and anxiety.

V for Victor
04-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Before starting on medication, I wanted a bloodtest to make sure I wasn't deficient on something that might be making depressed/anxious. Everything came back normal for me, but that's not to say that others may have deficiencies.

txmom
04-22-2007, 08:17 AM
I've been diagnosed with anemia on and off throughout life; once in my teens, again when I was pregnant with my son, and again after he was born.
I've perhaps been anemic all my life, for all I know.
I'm a vegetarian- not a vegan, a lacto-vegetarinan: dairy, but no eggs- and most vegetarians are at least a little bit deficient in iron.
It's fairly typical.

04-22-2007, 08:33 AM
What you NEED is a brilliant diet. Full of everything you can get. 'Brain food' helps get rid of anxiety.

ojala
04-22-2007, 11:10 AM
I had low oxygen levels during my first series of blood tests, but that was because when I arrived at the hospital, I had bronchitis. But other than that, they told me everything was normal. My urine did test positive for several drugs. I knew it would.

vaio
04-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Long term iron deficiency seem to be related somehow to anxiety.
Also, next time you ask for blood tests, you should specify the "ionized calcium" not just calcium, because only ionized calcium is responsible for nerves activity. And it can cause insomnia, some kind of tremors and palpitations which eventually develop into generalized anxiety.

ojala
04-22-2007, 12:41 PM
I think it's when your body has too much calcium that one can experience those symptoms, no? I don't know. What's the difference between ionized calcium and calcium? Sorry, I'm discovering that when I keep my brain occupied, my panic isn't as bad.