PDA

View Full Version : Big heart beat

lizzie
11-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi all , il keep this sweet , Iv been suffering anxcity for 5 years recently just had my heart checked out , going to therapy , so right now my anxcity is very much disappeared For NOW! But now and then more the latter I get a really big heart beat I can feel it in my throat it's just one beat , does any one else get this xxxx

dazza
11-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Hi

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but it "sounds like" a palpitation (a momentary rythmn irregularity).

What sometimes happens, is that our heart may suffer a few incomplete beats (perfectly harmless... just one of those things) and then
the heart corrects itself by a little PAUSE, then a big BANG of a beat to make up for the pause. This resets the heart and off it goes again on
it's merry way again.

These can and do occur in perfectly healthy, calm people, but are prone to occur more during times of anxiety and stress.

Dazzy

lizzie
11-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks dazzy , ur like the daddy in this forum u know ur shit x x

drmills
11-21-2012, 03:04 AM
Lizzie, I am really glad you got checked out by a physician. Many people who have anxiety write off these palpitations as "just a symptom of anxiety" without consulting with a medical doctor and that can be dangerous.

jhunter89
11-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Thanks dazzy , ur like the daddy in this forum u know ur shit x x

Nah.. Forwells is the king, dazza is the jester and I'm the village idiot :) haha

Chiliphil1
11-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Nah.. Forwells is the king, dazza is the jester and I'm the village idiot :) haha

If that's the case, alankay is merlin!

jhunter89
11-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Lol. What is your role? ;)

Chiliphil1
11-21-2012, 04:01 PM
The guy standing in the corner