PDA

View Full Version : Do pannick attacks wear down?

nicole123x
11-20-2012, 01:30 AM
I have been suffering with anxiety for about 7 months now as you all know, I used to have a pannick attack every weekend or week day, randomly! And every time I used to call the ambulance out lol, I had about 5 attacks, and now I haven't had one for quite awhile!! Touch wood!! I still get every day pains though badly!! But never actuall had a attack for a while do pannick attacks wear down?

laurandisorder
11-20-2012, 03:48 AM
They sure do - especially if you deal with the underlying issues that cause the anxiety.

I have been dealing with anxiety off and on for four years now and that time can be broken up into 6 months of INTENSE anxiety and panic attacks every day, 6 months of heightened anxiety ebbing out to 12 months of nothing (normalcy - yay!!!!), 2 weeks of INTENSE panic and anxiety, ebbing off after 3 months or so, then a year later, my latest bout. Which has lasted almost a year now. I haven't had a full blown attack for a while (maybe 2 months?), but that's probably more due to pre emptive benzo usage in high stress situations (flying, driving long distances).

Basically - not wanting to burst your bubble. I don't think you can unlearn how to panic. It comes back with certain triggers (mine are boredom and seasonal triggers), but each episode has been less intense than the previous one. I know my symptoms, I'm not scared of it.

It gets so much easier to deal with - especially with help and treatment and the understanding of loved ones.