PDA

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia?

meshalaw
11-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Has anyone suffered from fibromyalgia ?

dazza
11-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Hey

I've not heard of this before now, but it seems like one of those syndromes that could easily be mistaken for anxiety disorder and vice-versa.

Do you think you have it? (if so, why?)

plndrw
11-20-2012, 02:12 AM
What is it exactly? I have an acquaintance who says he suffers from it but was never clear about the details. I know he takes medication for it and I told his about my anxiety and he said the medication he takes is or that as well.

lmgibson87
11-20-2012, 07:32 AM
Hey there, I'm getting tested for it actually. It not commonly mistaken for anxiety it's a condition which makes you very weak and constantly in pain. Do you have it? It doesn't get mistaken for anxiety but a lot of people who have it also have anxiety.

drmills
11-21-2012, 01:03 AM
From PubMed: "Fibromyalgia is a common syndrome in which a person has long-term, body-wide pain and tenderness in the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, sleep problems, headaches, depression, and anxiety." There is a lot of debate as to whether Fibromyalgia is, itself, a discrete medical condition or whether the symptoms themselves can be explained by other disorders. If you feel this way on a daily basis, thats a pretty crappy feeling. Is this something you suffer from?

meshalaw
11-21-2012, 01:29 AM
I was wondering because I have been having a lot of the symptoms and I am gonna ask my doctor about it. Like headaches and body aches also I have been having tingling in my thighs and they keep getting numb

meshalaw
11-21-2012, 01:31 AM
I've also have had fatigue and sleeping problems and of course anxiety

drmills
11-21-2012, 02:41 AM
Does exercise help?

meshalaw
11-21-2012, 07:47 AM
No the symptoms come and go

lmgibson87
11-21-2012, 07:34 PM
No the symptoms come and go

I know I constantly am posting about Lyme disease, but what part of the country do you live in? I finally decided to get tested when I had the tingling and numbing in my legs and arms and face along with all the other symptoms u have. Not trying to scare you, it's treatable, and sometimes people have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, lupus, or Lyme and it takes a long time to diagnose because the symptoms are all similar .

meshalaw
11-22-2012, 12:41 AM
I live in Texas I don't know I'm gonna just make an appt and see what the doctor says

Social Butterfly
11-22-2012, 07:00 AM
I Have Constant Pain, Headaches, Numbing Throughout My Body, Trouble Sleeping And Also Some More Severe Symptoms.
But I Have Been Questioned To Have This, But It Is Said To Be From My Heart Condition And My Autonomic Nervous System Disorder.
There Is A Lot Of Disorders That All Have Very Similar Symptoms, I Would Talk To Your Doctor About ALL Of Your Symptoms And Then Begin From The Beginning With Testing For A Range Of Possible Causes. (: