PDA

View Full Version : Tense/odd feeling in head

Ahlstrom
11-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Is it normal to have a tense feeling above my eyes and in my head? It appeared about 2 weeks ago after I almost had a panic attack and has not stopped at all for the duration. It's practically ruined my life, I am unable to concentrate on anything and can sometimes hardly even drive because it disorientates me often. I haven't left my house much for the 2 weeks because it just feels impossible to do much. Any prior experiences? If so how long did it last for you and how did you make it dissapear?

IRONS080
11-19-2012, 09:39 AM
I've had something similar for the past few months, a constant heavy / pressure at the front of my head. I guess relaxation and meditation will probably help but I haven't tried yet.

charm429
11-20-2012, 04:19 PM
I have had that for me it is like a pressure almost but not really a dizzy sensation it is weird and hard to explain

funkstarsista
11-20-2012, 06:45 PM
I think it's called de-realization and many anxiety suffers experience it, try googling it. Anxiety causes all kinds of weird feelings, the more you worry about them, the worse it gets, it's a vicious cycle.

dawsy
11-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Is it normal to have a tense feeling above my eyes and in my head? It appeared about 2 weeks ago after I almost had a panic attack and has not stopped at all for the duration. It's practically ruined my life, I am unable to concentrate on anything and can sometimes hardly even drive because it disorientates me often. I haven't left my house much for the 2 weeks because it just feels impossible to do much. Any prior experiences? If so how long did it last for you and how did you make it dissapear?

I've had the same feeling on and of for 2 years.But ain't had it for 6months now.

Audrey00
11-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Same here I freaked out so bad I went to the ER and they gave me a cat scan , came back normal ! So it truly is anxiety ! :(

drmills
11-21-2012, 12:29 AM
My suggestion would be to seek medical assistance. While it may be a result of an anxiety disorder (muscle tension secondary to persistent anxiety), it may also be something significantly worse. Whenever you experience neurological symptoms, seek medical assistance first. Then, once tumor/stroke/seizure/etc are ruled out, evaluate less life-threateing psychological etiologies.

Non-linear
11-21-2012, 04:18 PM
i get the same thing all the time. it started happening after i had a major panic attack (which i went to the ER for, nothing wrong, thought i was dying). it seems to get better once you realize it truly is just anxiety.