PDA

View Full Version : I did it!

sesler
11-18-2012, 02:06 PM
I have had this fear about exercising since I started with anxiety and panic attacks. I had a panic attack while working out in the gym and was afraid to do anything physical. I decided today that I had enough and really missed walking. I finally got on the treadmill and walked at a decent pace for 20 minutes. I could feel myself become anxious but I just kept telling myself I had done this for years with no problems and just kept going. I did find myself taking my heart rate several times so I need to work on that. Even though 20 minutes doesn't seem like a lot, to me it's a major milestone.

Mr Anxious
11-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Well done mate

angieproc1977
11-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Well done, I've been very active this year gym twice a week and bike riding once but since my anxiety has started I daren't excersise x

Sedigive
11-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Congrats!!! I have suffered with health related anxiety and a fear of exercising before. You just have to get out and do it! I did and feel a lot better!

I have had this fear about exercising since I started with anxiety and panic attacks. I had a panic attack while working out in the gym and was afraid to do anything physical. I decided today that I had enough and really missed walking. I finally got on the treadmill and walked at a decent pace for 20 minutes. I could feel myself become anxious but I just kept telling myself I had done this for years with no problems and just kept going. I did find myself taking my heart rate several times so I need to work on that. Even though 20 minutes doesn't seem like a lot, to me it's a major milestone.

trinidiva
11-18-2012, 07:27 PM
That's great news!!!! It's definitely a step in the right direction.