PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

sully0105
11-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Sorry for posting again so soon but... Is it even possible to be fully normal again? I feel like I won't be because of my symptoms, it seems like everybody has anxiety before a test or when they feel trapped. I have none of those symptoms all of mine are irrational fears and I'm really really scared that I will never be able to live a normal life, and when people talk about how they've had anxiety for 12 years and stuff it worries me more that I could be that person. Ive only had anxiety for 2 months but it seems like its been a year.... I just want to live a completely normal life again

stjlynn
11-18-2012, 01:21 PM
I think a lot of times life experiences make it worse... I started getting anxiety when I was 11 and I'm 26 and I've had time wear its been very manager able.. I would seriously recommend seeing someone and try and figure out what's causing it so you don't end up with it for along time unfortunately it's very hard to control when it gets bad... Good luck

Mr Anxious
11-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Im 14 years into anxiety now 13-27 , these days i kind of accept it may always be there but try to understand how i can make it easier...... tell you if i ever find an answer lol, keep trying that's all you can do....oh yeh and think positive (sounds so easy).

Kind regards

Richie

sully0105
11-18-2012, 02:57 PM
I think a lot of times life experiences make it worse... I started getting anxiety when I was 11 and I'm 26 and I've had time wear its been very manager able.. I would seriously recommend seeing someone and try and figure out what's causing it so you don't end up with it for along time unfortunately it's very hard to control when it gets bad... Good luck

I am seeing a therapist and she says I will get better fairly soon but I just can't believe it's possible

eyebob
11-20-2012, 03:55 AM
I have lapsed into serious anxiety bouts 3 times in the last 10 years. Each time i have come out and felt normal again. My lesson this go around is a) stick with therapy and b) stay on meds. If it helps, statistics say that the vast majority of people get better with this combination.

bcdefg123
11-20-2012, 01:49 PM
I am seeing a therapist and she says I will get better fairly soon but I just can't believe it's possible

The best thing you can do right now is to discard that assumption. A big part of recovering is about faith - faith you can get better, faith your symptoms aren't something serious, and so on.

That's the first thing we have to learn with this... it won't go easy, but we can do it. Being here, talking with others can help.